NWT??

by proudassmonkey 6 Replies latest jw friends

• proudassmonkey
    proudassmonkey

ok well here's the thing i want to be able to refute what parents have to say or will have to in response to the email i will sned them in response.. is that confusing enough? but i can't find an online site w/ the new world translation. i DON'T want a copy of their bible. won't that bring evil into my house? or at least witnesses to my door? i want to be able to quote THEIR bible in my defense against them. so any suggestions would be. as always, greatly appreciated.

love,

the proud ass monkey also known as melissa

• jws
    jws

I think it would be hard to quote from their Bible without having one. I don't know if you're anywhere near a used book store like Half Priced Books. I see them there all the time. You can probably pick one up for under $5. That way, it doesn't come with a Witness attached, trying to convert you. Freeminds.org also sells old JW literature. I'm sure they have plenty of copies, again without the JW attached.

I think you can go to www.watchtower.org too and there's a place to sign up to receive a brand new copy for free. But, like you were worried about, I'm sure the local JWs will get a call and sent to go visit you. (You could always use a fake name when you sign up and when they come to visit tell them your roommate just moved out).

Since it's translated to suit their doctrine, it's not a reputable bible and you won't find people jumping at the chance to provide it online. And if you did, the Watchtower would probably order it taken down over copyright issues. (Funny how a non-profit organization that claims to have the most accurate translation doesn't want it in its most widely available state, huh?)

You could also try to find any CD of the Watchtower Library if you want it in electronic form.

• Phantom Stranger
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Do you want the nwt text?

SS

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I can provide you with a copy of the 2001 Watchtower Library on CD, which include the NWT among many other things.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

One thing I forgot...

If you really beleive that a book can bring evil into your house, you arguing with JW's sounds pretty entertaining.

It's a fricking book, man.

• proudassmonkey
    proudassmonkey

i wasn't really suggesting that a book can bring evil. b/c that is stupid. yet is the mindset of the dubs w/ not only occult material but apostate as well (or at least that's what it was in my house).... i was being silly as i frequently am.

thanks all for your help

elsewhere if i could get a copy of that (with no witness atached) i would be grateful)

thnkas,

mel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit