Reporter Looking to Interview an ExJW in Central Florida, Registered to Vote for First Time

by Simon 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Had a request if anyone matches and would like to help provide some input:

My name is Julie Gargotta and I’m a reporter for Spectrum News 13 in Orlando.

We are working on a story about the faith & political neutrality, looking for a former JW who is living in Central Florida and registering to vote for the first time. I interviewed another former JW and author living in California, but am hoping to localize this topic on Friday.

Unsure if I am able to post on your forum, what topic this might fit under... or if you would somehow be able to help me out and pass along my contact information? It’s: [email protected].

Thank you for help,
    Julie

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hi Julie,

My name on this forum is Giordano...... my wife and I left the J.W. religion in the mid 1960's. I spend a couple of hours each day helping those on this forum who are trying to get free of the JW religion and keep their family intact. It's a tricky business.

We have had a suicide and some other things that made me wonder if there was any way to help those who want to leave.

If you need backround info and my own experience on voting for the first time I can share that. My forum name is Giordano. Since we deal with a variety of subjects 40 to 50 on a daily basis a lot of my past posts won't make sense.

On this forum I use the name of a man who died at noon in 1600.......... burnt at the stake for heresy.

Giordano Bruno may be a relative but that doesn't matter other then to me.

Just wanted to say hello and thank you for covering anything that shows the difficulty of living as a jw in the real world. Unfortunately the Jehovah's witnesses train people to live in a world that will never exist. This is reflected in their lack of voting opportunities.

Many can not shake the religion that doesn't want us to be any part of the world. Others disappointed at how poorly they are represented feel there is no reason to vote. My wife and I vote on any ballet that is offered. We also are volunteers in our community.

When I married my wife of some 57 years we had one C minus high school diploma between us............. the JWs are not big on higher learning............ Vietnam was ragging and I was going to lose my JW ministerial status. Then the WT Society announced the end of the world in 1975 and looking at those claims which was still real to us........ I thought boy does my timing suck.

If I can be of any help let me know.

Giordano (rick)

P.S. I had a problem with my computer using your [email protected]. my fault not yours. You can reach me by clicking on the envelope at the top of the page.

We have a personal private message email on this forum which is at the top of the page.......... click on the envelope.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I guess this is the email you sent julie Giordano ? lets know how it went.

PS.Thanks for the info on your forum name.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Just wanna mention this is legit. I contacted the reporter and she called me within 20 minutes.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Good to know. There's an awful lot of information on JW policies that affect every community. One on one doesn't get it done the way a newspaper article can.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    Good to know. There's an awful lot of information on JW policies that affect every community. One on one doesn't get it done the way a newspaper article can.

It's gonna be a TV News story...I'm interested to see how they're going to frame it. Might be interviewed tomorrow. She's trying to work out logistics. They have a sister station here in my town. I'm also only about 1 and 1/2 hour away from Orlando...

• LV101
    LV101

Giordano/Jahalapeno -- thanks for all you do and the forum name info and, of course, all Simon does.

• Jehalapeno

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit