Teaching Committee Helper blames weighed down feelings on "perspective"

by wifibandit 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

He mentions Changes in Assignment at 1:14 and 7:09.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1uufpx8jQk

• oppostate
    oppostate
    What a "tool" for the "Truth(R)"! All that Sh*t that's now hitting the fan for the WT minions... just change your perspective brothers... it's good fertilizer that's getting aerated go forth into the field, be well fed and stay warm!
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

wifi:

Thank you!

WTUnderground!

• HomebytheSea
    HomebytheSea
    Propaganda @ its finest!!
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Geez .... Could these people be more corny and bigger dorks?

Whats up with these syrupy condescending tones these idiots have?

You can tell they know they are speaking to an unintelligent, uneducated flock.

They also speak with an unnatural confidence (read arrogance) that comes from being in an environment where they will never truly be questioned or debated.

• Seeking agape
    Seeking agape

I can't believe I used to listen to that brainwashing. They are masters of twisting words and scriptures to fit what they believe and how you should feel and act.

My life is busier than ever with its own share of problems but since I left JW.con I've never felt better. The stress and unhappiness is gone. The stress and negative world view was caused by them not life. I wish more people could wake up and see that.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

The stress and negative world view was caused by them not life. I wish more people could wake up and see that.- Seeking Agape

Well said. I hope to fully experience that some day...

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

In principle i don't disagree that perspective is key and attitude has a big impact on how view our lives, how well we deal with changing circumstances or even set backs etc etc..

My problem with the context here is that he actually lacks realistic perspective. If your cloths are on fire its not realastic perspective to say "well at least im warm".... Its a harmful, potentially fatal situation, and needs to be addressed immediately! In this case he is talking, in part, about people who were invited to be part of a religious order, told to sacrifice most of their worldly possestions, quit their jobs, relocate to far away cities, and take a vow of poverty. The promise was, if you work hard, the religious order would provide food and shelter. There are also countless promises of 'oh the end of the world is anyday now' etc etc.. Now they are being told to leave the religious order through no bad act or deserving cause. The order simply decide they didnt need them anymore and absolutely no help is being given to assist in the transition! Its a cold heartless act by ANY measure but especially from a supposedly loving religion.

victimizing someone and telling them to get over it isnt perspective. Its abusive and more evidence its a cult.

• freddo
    freddo
    Don't urinate on my leg and tell me it's raining.
  • floriferous
    floriferous

'We'd like for you to picture a large camel'................that's as far as I got before I told him to SHUT UP!

Thank goodness I no longer have to listen to 'Watchtower logic'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit