I've been awake 1 year today!

by pale.emperor 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I remember your early posts. Keep pushing on, you are doing well.

• John Free
    John Free

Happy awakaversary pale emp!!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

You know I had a very similar experience to you. I knew TTATT for about 18 months before I physically walked out of the KH. I battled with it and thought that I could perhaps live in both worlds. Knowing that the organization was imperfect and in some cases just dead wrong but being accepting of it. It wasn't until I felt the friends pulling away and lack of social interaction that just speed up the exiting process. I will never go back and congratulations on your 1 year anniversary.

• Chook
    Chook

My intuition says you are a very honest hearted individual, I genuinely hope you can heal from the cult but with any family left in , it will be a reminder of your past. Doing little things for those in need is life's best therapy. We know that every life behind a user name on this forum , either has had pain or is in pain . Sharing your joys and pain is the only way to heal and celebrate. I shall light a candle of joy for you my friend. As flipper would appropriate say peace be with you.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

We are all happy for you, we've all felt your struggle and were rooting for you. It honestly feels like longer than a year-you are very established as a part of this group. I hope your life continues to open up, and that you find all the success and happiness that we all seek. Enjoy your little girl and teach her about all the everyday miracles that don't require perfection or paradise. Best ex JW lesson I've learned is that you don't have to wait to experience real happiness. It isn't in the unimaginable, ever distant future, its right here in your hand.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I think what i've learned the most is that although JW's DO have a sort of unity around the world, it's based on fear and it's conditional. I used to visit KH's in other countries and speak to cart witnesses in other countries and it genuinely was nice to meet them. But thats only because JW's are really a minority and it was nice to meet someone who is in the same boat as us. The unity isnt anything special, the Mormons have the same thing. Probably better than the JW's in fact.

Also i learned how unloving JW's can be when you decide to leave. Accusations, gossip, lies, not forgetting the shunning, the Facebook stalking by friends of friends, the random text messages from unknown numbers telling me to RETURN TO JEHOVAH, TIME IS RUNNING OUT! - from people who love me?

It's made me a more honest person. And more compassionate and nonjudgmental. I apologized to a few people after of left, one of whom is a very good friend of mine who is gay. I apologized for bible-bashing him about Sodom and Gomorrah (im so ashamed i did that on a regular basis), about armageddon, about homosexuality being learned rather than a natural occurrence. I asked him why was he still friends with me despite all of this? He answer was "i just thought you were a bit mad, but you're a good person and sincere". That's from a "worldly" person.

It's not easy, but im now out to live "The Best Life Ever".

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Congrats p.e. Great that you have found some true friends and encouragement here.

I believe the first year is the most difficult and although we had to deal with our own personal challenges, this forum (which I joined 14 months ago) has been a strong motivation for me never to return to the Borg. Where will we be in another year? Looking forward to the next anniversary!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit