I've been awake 1 year today!

by pale.emperor 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

It was a year ago today that my life changed completely. I'll never forget it. I had zero friends in the KH and was never included in the "guys" drinks, football games, parties etc. My wife was in hospital. I was looking after our little one on my own (which was actually really nice). I remember I was about a third of the way through Crises Of Conscience by Ray Franz and decided to take my little one to a park in Liverpool called St.Johns gardens. As she was running around picking up pine cones and running among the flowers it just hit me.... i cant keep making excuses for this religion. At this time i still believed in God, i still believed in Jehovah but i was 100% convinced that this religion isnt "the truth". And more and more things started to make sense.

1914 clearly was wrong. They've been wrong about many things before. In fact, every prediction they've ever made.

Blood should be a matter of personal choice.

Shunning is the exact opposite of Christianity

There's no way to leave with your reputation in tact

Although i have many "brothers" and "sisters" in "the truth", i dont trust a single one of them with my doubts

Maybe we're supposed to grow old and die. Everything dies. Plants, animals, even stars and planets.

As you will all know from your own experiences, i immediately felt sad, scared, angry, happy, free and worried. What would i do now? I cant just leave, my father in law is an elder. The things i've learned from Ray Franz, how can i explain to JW's what i know and where i learned it without being accused of being an apostate?

So i signed up to this site. I didnt post right away but i read and read and read. Many of you here helped me more than my actual friends and actual family did, who now shun me, (yes, i mean you Toesup, Mr Flipper, Dubstepped and Chook).

It's been a crazy year, but one i'll always remember.

• Listener
    Listener

You've made many great contributions on this site since then pale.emperor - here's to the next year and may it only get better.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Congrats man! Oh man can I relate, we all probably can on some level. You deserve happiness and freedom and I'm glad to have been even a small part of supporting that.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

A thinking parent who loves their kid - we need to clone tons more of you♄

• AnonVet
    AnonVet

I'm about a year or so in as well. No real firm date though.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Happy Anniversary.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Happy anniversary Pale Emperor!

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Congrats, Pale Emperor.

• Village Idiot
  • Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

St Johns Gardens has many statues, one of these is to William Wilberforce, who aided those trying to eradicate Cholera from the city, he funded Kitty Wilkinson who founded public washouses to clean bedding, he also a leader to eradicate the slave trade.

While your daughter played I hope you were sat by his statue as you decided to free yourself from the WT slave trade, and clean out the cholera like infection they caused

Well done, Congratulations.

btw for non Liverpudlians, Kitty Wilkinson is a local heroine portrayed in stained glass at the Anglican Cathedral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit