Gigs and Music

by punkofnice 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's nice to be getting back into the swing of going to see bands again. Also, playing in a band too.

We've done a couple of gigs, which was great. One of which, we had to wait to be paid because most people were paying by card.

I went to see Steve Hackett at Leicester De Mountfort Hall last Friday. He played some of the old Genesis songs too.

Blue Oyster Cult next year too.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Went to see elbow last week and going to see Steve Hackett in Glasgow in a few weeks , Jethro tull cancelled Glasgow for some reason .

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Fadey - I've seen Hackett a couple of times now, it's a good show. Mind you, some of his light displays blind me. Shame about Tull for you.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I had forgotten how much I liked listening to music. My kid was always very sensitive to sound and he never outgrew it. He's 20 now and still doesn't listen to music.

The only kind he occasionally likes to fool around with is what I would describe as piano saloon music from the late 1800s. He's obsessed with trains and railroading and will add that as background music when he creates his train videos.

However, he's in college most of the day so I've had a chance to cue up Pandora radio and play around with song lists. I had forgotten how much I loved loud music and how it makes the time fly when working around the house!

Once Pandora morphed to playing 70s Yacht Rock and the cat loved it. Not my favorite, but I let it play. He was just chilling and I swear I caught him bobbing his little cat head.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Thanks punkofnice just back from Steve Hackett ,what a show amazing guitar player .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit