Covid 19 is a chance to dump 1914

by hoser 6 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

As the jws regroup after being in isolation it would be an ideal time to say the last days started in 2014. The territory will be ripe with people whose lives have been turned upside down

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

After all, what is +/- a hundred years between friends!

• hoser
    hoser

It wouldn’t be the first time they changed a date

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Overlapping Centuries now is it ? We have had very long discussions on the dropping of 1914 on here, and though it makes less and less sense to hang on to the Doctrine, the further we are removed in time from it, they are as firmly attached to it as it is possible to be.

The problem for the G.B is the simple equation : No 1914= No 1919 FDS= Today's G.B are self appointed charlatans.

This they may possibly see as not too much of a problem, having seen how Trump supporters will swallow the most outrageously stupid of claims, how the Mind Control exerted by the MSM keeps them faithful, they may well in fact risk spinning some new nonsense, sorry new light, and see how it goes. They got away with the Overlapping generation.

When this epidemic is over, and JW's are slowing down and drifting away again, they will have to try something, to keep the $$$ flowing in.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Why 2014? What happened then?

I agree, the current crisis would, in the infamous phrase of Jo Moore, be a good time to bury bad news.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What you can see coming from the WTS/Jworg is that they are using Covid-19 as a indication of mankind living in the last days.

You just had to know the WTS was going to exploit this to their supporting advantage.

FEAR had been a promoting catalyst for just about all of the doctrines the WTS has made.

Fear sells well when you combine it with ignorance

• clarity
    clarity

Well hi all of you, I have been away for quite awhile ....more apostate than ever! Lovely to be on here again!

Listening to the Gran kids & their friends, when I get the chance, it becomes apparent that they know practically nothing about WT history or any of the teachings any further back than when they were young....maybe back 20 yrs or so, that's all! So it becomes fairly easy for Wt to switch things over to new doctrine! They have been waiting for us older apostates to die! Sorry...I'm hanging around!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit