Stephen Lett will be present at our next assembly.

by StarTrekAngel 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cappytan
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Oh StarTrekAngel that is brutal. I would start planning on having the stomach flu (or something). Diarrhea has to be better than that! lol
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    He's the original Rubber Dubber(rubber mouth JDub).
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Stephen Lett speaking at an assembly. Making the audience feel like a bunch of 6-year-olds with those expressions and voice tones. Just kills me!!!
  • hardtobeme
    hardtobeme
    What a privilege to have a prince,,,no,no,no, a King!!!!
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

When you go, I would like for you to listen well and approach him.

Listen to his experience or position with an open mind, expecting to hear or find something new. Entertain the possibility that you may be misinterpreting him. Maybe he will try to say one thing but you end up understanding something completely different.

Allow him to discuss his ideas with fellow believers. If you have a question for him, then ask. If the answer does not fit your realm of reasoning or education, then good for you. If it does, well you just found a wonderful new group of friends.

Allow him to offer more detail when his opinion goes misunderstood. Not clinging to the first three words of his statement. You never know what was in his mind or what drove him to his choice of words. Maybe it was a fear to offend someone or maybe he felt the majority was not going to understand if he used the terms that they are accustomed to use.

It was probably stated on your other thread by others, so my thought won't be new- I can respect a person's right to believe nonsense, but I don't have to respect the beliefs themselves.

• steve2
    steve2

When you go, I would like for you to listen well and approach him.

Sorry, this is just not possible. Minders prevent unchoreographed walkabouts or approaches. From a security point of view - and as much as we deplore the GB members and what they stand for - they are vulnerable to any number of crazies.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

LOL. OnTheWayOut. No sarcasm, I really think it was funny.

I will definitely listen. By their own definition and the position they hold within the church, he won't be merely expressing opinion. By the language he will most likely use, he will be telling us what to do and what to believe. That is where the respect ends, by my own words in the other thread. If I do not understand what he means, I will definitely give him a chance to explain again.

I don't think that would be a lot different than what John Cedars has proposed. And open respectful debate between the GB and apostates.

• antes8080
    antes8080

@tim we got use one of those boxes at Qualcomm next year.

By now the branch has told Mr Lett that there has been some internet chatter. That he will be in Assembly in Texas.

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

If you get the chance, just walk up to him with a cup full of glitter. Then, when you get in front of him, say "Glitter?" and just fling it all over him. It's not harmful, really, but it IS a pain in the ass to get removed from your clothes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit