sheep and goats new light ???

by stephen 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stephen
    stephen

HI -

Its me again - Stephen

many thanks for th einfo about teh 'generation change'

I've just picked up some posts about 'sheep and goats new light' and hope someone might inform me (Its the first time I have heard of it)

I do very much appreciate you interesting and lively posts - Many thanks

Stephen

• garybuss
    garybuss

*** w95 10/15 pp. 22-23 How Will You Stand Before the Judgment Seat? ***

23 If we analyze Jesus' activity in the parable, we observe him finally judging all the nations. The parable does not show that such judging would continue over an extended period of many years, as if every person dying during these past decades were judged worthy of everlasting death or everlasting life. It seems that the majority who have died in recent decades have gone to mankind's common grave. (Revelation 6:8;

24 In other words, the parable points to the future when the Son of man will come in his glory. He will sit down to judge people then living. His judgment will be based on what they have manifested themselves to be. At that time "the distinction between a righteous one and a wicked one" will have been clearly established. (Malachi 3:18) The actual pronouncing and executing of judgment will be carried out in a limited time. Jesus will render just decisions based on what has become evident about individuals.—See also 2 Corinthians 5:10.

25 This means, then, that Jesus' 'sitting down on his glorious throne' for judgment, mentioned at Matthew 25:31, applies to the future point when this powerful King will sit down to pronounce and execute judgment on the nations. Yes, the judgment scene that involves Jesus at Matthew 25:31-33, 46 is comparable to the scene in Daniel chapter 7, where the reigning King, the Ancient of Days, sat down to carry out his role as Judge.

26 Understanding the parable of the sheep and the goats in this way indicates that the rendering of judgment on the sheep and the goats is future. It will take place after "the tribulation" mentioned at Matthew 24:29, 30 breaks out and the Son of man 'arrives in his glory.' (Compare Mark 13:24-26.) Then, with the entire wicked system at its end, Jesus will hold court and render and execute judgment.—John ; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10.

27 This clarifies our understanding of the timing of Jesus' parable, which shows when the sheep and the goats will be judged. But how does it affect us who are zealously preaching the Kingdom good news? (Matthew 24:14) Does it make our work less significant, or does it bring a greater weight of responsibility? Let us see in the next article how we are affected.

Enjoy!

• berylblue
    berylblue

WELCOME STEPHEN

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Welcome Stephen!!

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit