My experience with a JDub pedophile

by Sour Grapes 2 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Back in the early 1970's I was an elder and sat on a judicial committee that dealt with a male teenager in the congregation. He was inappropriately touching his sister. It was of course viewed as a sin, not a crime. The council was given, and it was all kept hush-hush so as to to bring reproach on Jehovahs' glorious organization.

This brother moved to another congregation, and in about 4 years got married to a sister and they had a couple of children. One day the wife comes home from shopping and caught her husband abusing their young daughter, She immediately called the police, he was arrested and spent time in prison. She did not even wait for the elders to.have their kangaroo coverup meeting.

Would this sister have married this brother if it was publicly known he was a pedophile? I was on the committee; and even though I was only 21, I have carried that guilt for almost 50 years.

I also sat on committees in the early 1970's where I disfellowshipped four different brothers and sisters because they could not give up the habit of smoking. All four were shunned by their families and the families were broken all because of the Borg's holy righteous position on smoking. This too I have carried with me for decades.

During the late 1950's and early 1960's there was a 10 minute intermission between the public talk and the Watchtower study to give the public time to leave if they did not want to stay and it also gave the public and the brothers the chance to go outside the Kingdumb Haul to lite up a cigarette before the meeting started back up. The Borg tired of this and gave a 6-month countdown to stop smoking or get disfellowshipped.

The Watchtower Company is one fucked up religion.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The J.W./W.T. religion and its teachings are wholly/solely based on the Bible ....?

Their are just so many things the G.B. teach today that have no basis in the Bible.

He was inappropriately touching his sister. It was of course viewed as a sin, not a crime.

And it has only changed now if indeed it has changed at all ,because of the growing amount of lawsuits all around the world and the publicity that its getting.

Would this sister have married this brother if it was publicly known he was a pedophile?

Who knows ? maybe and maybe not, personally I think she should have been told so as to make her own decision.its a tricky one ,if the police had of been involved in the first place it would /could have been public knowledge.

However the J.W. Organization should be held accountable for keeping these allegations of Child sexual Abuse in-house and not reporting them to the Child Protection Agency`s or the Law Enforcement Agency`s such as the Police.

During the late 1950's and early 1960's there was a 10 minute intermission between the public talk and the Watchtower study , and as you say bros & sis`s could go out and puff up between sessions.

I remember it well.

Its no good dwelling on the past on what we could have done or what we should have done Sour Grapes ,we did what we thought best at the time with the information / knowledge we had .

We need to forgive ourselves for wrongs we have done thinking it was in the best interest of others.

We have all been their one way or another .

Take care.

• blownaway
    blownaway

Tell the truth and letting people know what the cult does is a good way to make up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit