Of god and guns and SOL

by zeb 6 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

Ending a shopping run I went into the local gun shop to buy some rim-fire cartridges. My wife had finished her nearby shopping and came in to me.

"Can i help you?" polite assistant who had not met her before.

"Im with him" grumped the reply.

But its Friday and tomorrow she goes to the kh and will no doubt be fronted about my absence. So Fridays always feature SOL..Ah such happy people.. not.

Then out to the car and she mutters some thing about (the gun shop being) "....Satans temple.."

supportive comments welcome.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

What's SOL?

• zeb
    zeb

Its an Australian abbreviation for ..s***on the liver. or filthy mood for no apparent cause.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Ha! In America SOL means, "Shit out of luck."

If you're in Australia and own a firearm of any type, you are extremely fortunate. I've read up on all the hoops you have to go thru to even have a .22LR rimfire pistol or rifle.

I have 2 custom Ruger 10/22's, a full custom Ruger Mark III Target, and 5,000 rounds of various types of ammo. That's just my .22's!

I luv Australia, but could never live there due to their restrictions. Target shooting is one my passions.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Ask her if she will put some of Satan's cash into the contribution box so the congregation can deposit it into Satan's bank and then send it to the WBTS who will put Satan's money into another one of Satan's banks. After all, that recent judgment of $35 million against the WBTS for promoting internal policies of not reporting child abuse won't pay themselves off.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Should teach her how to shoot clay targets Zeb, she might have a great time.

RB

• Anony Mous

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit