Suicide or Real Freedom? - My Story As One Of Jehovah's Witnesses

by dubstepped 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Thanks for the continued comments. Everyone that takes the time to read that means a lot to me. I was able to share this post on Facebook with my friends and they shared it and some of their friends have shared it even more. To see it make an impact on those that are non-JW's out there and to be able to give them a glimpse into this world and just to be seen and not hide anymore is a beautiful thing. I want people to see what really goes on and what those of us that have been in, and those who are in, are subjected to. And I love my brothers and sisters who are out and who still suffer loss even with your newly found freedom. People here inspired my wife and I to free ourselves, and we strive to give back.
  • floriferous
    floriferous

I read your entire post Mike, you took me right back to my 1960's childhood in the Watchtower Organisation..

As a very sensitive child I also struggled to be the perfect JW kid, always feeling an innate terror that god was going kill me at Armageddon.

Though I was not an academically gifted kid, my experiences mirrored many of yours.

Floriferous

• flipper
    flipper
    DUBSTEPPED- I am happy my friend that you and your wife have your freedom of mind. Welcome to that freedom of expression here. Thanks for sharing. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • cognac
    cognac
    I can't wait to read this so I bookmarked it. Kids are jumping all over me, lol. You two are an adorable couple!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Dubstepped...

You have too clever a username to throw it all away... :wink:

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Someone should write my story I can't do it myself!! It would be a fascinating read for sure!! I don't take from anyone all I seek is Truth!!
  • Pwyrdan
    Pwyrdan
    Your post is perfect! Very positive. It's easy sometimes to think of my teenage years and the "close" friendships I then had, and miss them. But it has all been worth moving on, and hearing about how you both bravely chose your course and stuck to it is so encouraging.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MIKE a/k/a dubstepped:

I am very moved by your life story and am sorry for the pain you have experienced as somebody raised as a Jehovah's Witness. Words just cannot describe it.

It is unfortunate that the general public is unaware of just how unnatural, sick and damaging this religion is! I would like for that to change and for the public to be enlightened about them.

I came in as a young adult who later "faded". For several years I believe I suffered from some form of mild post-traumatic stress. It really took a while to get my head together and purge my mind of the religion's garbage!! I am also a sensitive individual and cannot imagine what might have happened to ME if I were in it since childhood like you were!

I am SO grateful to be out of that vacuum of a religion. I have reconnected with non-JW family and relatives this hateful religion tried to separate me from!

You have come a long way and are a success story and I wish you and your wife the Best of Luck and Happiness!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Mike, (glad I can call you Mike) Your post was so moving. You are able to put into words the profound turmoil so many of us have suffered as children born and reared in the JW culture. I also had parents and grandparents who either abused alcohol or prescription meds which adds an additional element of anxiety and fear for children that takes it to the level of trauma.

You have inspired me to write letters to my closest family members who are shunning me because I no longer am "active". I know it won't change how they treat me but at least they will read my own words as opposed to the BS they have heard through the "Grapevine".

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

wow, just wow.

Thank you so much for posting, the effort that you made for us all...I am definately going to look up the narcassistic family book, I really relate to the over sensative child stuff, in fact, if it's ok I would like to show my therapist your post as you have put so much into words I want to express but can't. In fact you have really opened my eyes to some of my own behaviours..

You guys are so inspirational, I wish you both much love & luck..Thank you again💕❤❤

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit