Suicide or Real Freedom? - My Story As One Of Jehovah's Witnesses

by dubstepped 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• YinzerDad
    YinzerDad

Mike,

You have a gift for the written word. Don't know if anyone's ever told you that. That's a great read and you perfectly explain what I've been struggling to for several years now to my wife and now my therapy group.

Thank you for sharing.

• Lostwun
    Lostwun

So now i get to put a face with the name. Good for you Dub a.k.a. Mike.

Glad you've found your freedom and have your wife out with you.

Lost-Wun

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Wonderful story Dubstepped and so well written.

it really illustrates how this organisation tramples on individuality and people's emotions in pursuit of drone slaves for the watchtower. I'm so sorry your family have made such a narrow minded choice, it is their loss and I hope they realize that one day.

its great that you didn't throw the baby out with the bath water and abandon your faith. I am clinging to a faith in God and Christ, there are things in my life that have made me just feel there is a God, unpopular as such thinking may be with some here. it's difficult because the witnesses claim ownership of God, yesterday I was told 'Jehovah misses me' because I'm not at the meetings, I was like 'how do you know Jehovah isn't with me?'.

Thanks again for a great story, enjoy the rest of your lives and a huge congratulations that your wife is by your side, it's a luxury many of us here don't have X

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That was a great post, thank you for putting it all down.

I have ADHD also, I only realized it when my daughter was diagnosed as an adult, in researching it I realized I was ADHD also. It explained so much about me and my life and why I struggled with things. When I was a JW I always thought there was something wrong with me, that I was a bad person because I couldn't pay attention at the meetings, actually I hated every minute of them. Well, there was something wrong with me, but it wasn't that I was bad, and the meetings actually were rather horrible. It was such a relief to learn tatt, I didn't have to force myself to do something I hated so much.

I find that meditation helps me with the ADHD, it improves my focus and follow through.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Marked

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Dub, I wanted to thank you for your very well written post. I'm a bit older than you, but we have a common ground. I'm glad that you have made it through this process, and have retained your wife. There is comfort with the various stories written about life growing up as a JW and the continued struggles, that we are not alone in our thoughts.

• poppers
    poppers
    Just a few days ago I had a JW tell me on Yahoo Answers that they don't shun anyone. He claimed they can talk to anyone at anytime. I couldn't believe how brazenly they will lie to people.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ poppers...

Ironic, as "brazen" conduct is a disfellowshipping offense. :smirk:

• jhine
    jhine

Welcome , Mike and Jenny . Congratulions on coming through so much and still be smiling . Good for you that you didn't let the org steal your faith .

Jan

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Great post. You should write a book. You are an excellent writer. Very engaging.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit