Interesting comments on WT history

by Old Goat 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

I'm old, a retired history prof, and still interested in Watch Tower history. I'm a fan of Schulz and de Vienne's work. Schulz has written a short overview of the next book in their series. You can read that here: http://truthhistory.blogspot.com/

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thanks. Got the link open right now.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thanks for posting this you Old Goat , very interesting to see their earlier beliefs and how they have rationalised their subsequent changes with the excuse of New light , however they fail to mention the Old light was from the Holy Spirit also.

Old light given to JW`s , by Holy Spirit for a time as new light ,then discarded .

New light now given to JW`s by Holy Spirit for a time , then discarded as old light , and needs to be replaced by New light.

How many times has the light bulb been changed over these past 140 ? years ?

How many brain cells need to be replaced in Jehovah`s Witnesses heads before they wake up to the truth about the truth ?

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

Well, Smid, they aren't writing a polemic but a history. They document doctrinal development in their first volume, and I understand there is some of that in the forthcoming second volume. The things you suggest are really fodder for a history of the Rutherford-Knorr era. Russell's doctrine remained remarkably stable until his death.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

smiddy - "How many times has the light bulb been changed over these past 140 years?

How many brain cells need to be replaced in Jehovah`s Witnesses heads before they wake up to the truth about the truth?"

How many GB members does it take to change a (New) Light bulb? :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit