From Genesis to Revelation, what are the biggest misquotes by JW's ???

by run dont walk 5 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Well, I will start this thread by saying, misquoting ("new light") on this generation will by no means pass away. til all these things occur. Has to be the biggest one.

Any stand out in your mind ???

How does the so called "governing body" sleep at night.

• blondie
    blondie

1 Corinthians 2:9 (NWT)

But just as it is written: "Eye has not seen and ear has not heard, neither have there been conceived in the heart of man the things that God has prepared for those who love him."

How many of you have heard a JW apply this to an earthly paradise although the WTS officially says this:

WT 9/15/85

p. 30 Why Do You Want to Give a Bible Talk

For example, a speaker might incorrectly apply 1 Corinthians 2:9 to the future earthly Paradise, whereas the context (verses 7 and 10) shows that it applies to the deeper things of God’s wisdom.

Blondie

• Dawn
    Dawn

John 17:3 "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ" -NWT

The JW's interpret this scripture with the word "knowledge" being associated with information - in fact, my father always threw in the word "accurate"...."their taking in acurate knowledge of you" - in other words, you have to believe in the right doctrines and if you have faith in Jesus but believe in the wrong doctrine you don't have life........

But the greek word used for knowledge here is not the same word that the greeks use for "information" - it is a word that means a personal knowledge - for example "I know him, he's my friend".

So the scripture REALLY means that to gain everlasting life one needs to have a relationship with Jesus - to know him in a personal way. The NIV version translates it more accurately as "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent"

I think that's a HUGE misinterpretation by the JW's.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

All the times Fred Franz inserted the word "other" into the text to change the meaning of the whole verse....and other words too.

How come the word "synanamignysthai" is translated "disfellowshipping" in 1 Corinthians 5:11 whereas it's translated as "marking" in 2 Thessalonians 3:14? Could it be that they are really the same? Wouldn't that make things difficult for the Borg in its DF practices?

Cheers, Ozzie

• Vita Nuova
    Vita Nuova

Biggest New World Translation error: Every scripture with "Jehovah God." That's along with the John 1:1 fallacy, of course.

Vita Nuova.

• garybuss
    garybuss

the seven trumpets of Revelation
    were the seven Jehovah's Witness District assemblies from 1922 to 1928,
    starting with Cedar Point, Ohio and ending with Detroit, Michigan

http://www.freeminds.org/buss/truth.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit