Who knew that Halloween could be so much fun!

by HiddenPimo 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Today is my first time celebrating Halloween. and it is just plain fun! Each new thing, birthdays, Halloween, next Thanksgiving and Xmas are all proof that we were held back and restricted from enjoying life.

• LV101
    LV101

So happy you're enjoying the real life -- it's wonderful -- all the cute candy and costumes. One of my best memories was trick or treating (primary school yrs) in the city with childhood friends -- a couple still in my life to this day. We'd receive so much candy and had a blast both on 'gate nite' and Halloween nite. Many businesses/restaurants/malls offer safe events/celebration parties for children.

• Simon
    Simon

Thor!

When we went to see the last Avengers movie at the cinema, there were two girls sat in front of us and when they were going to find Thor, one of them whispered "Thor is soooo hot" ... my son was trying not to laugh 'cause he'd already been to see it once. Unfortunately we couldn't see their faces when it turned out that Thor had really let himself go, LOL

Being able to do 'normal' stuff is great.

• stillin
    stillin

I saw that the girls at the bank were all decked out today, so I put in my Bubba teeth and put on my hoop earring. Got a hoot out of them!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yeah my little daughter went to the Halloween party at school and won first prize for her witch outfit and I was so proud of her. It's just fun isn't it? We love fantasy and stories, so what? It's how we evolved! Just enjoy it!

• Biahi
    Biahi

I have such sad memories of childhood Halloweenโ€™s, one in particular. All I wanted was to be normal!! My daughter never suffered with this bullshlt. My grandchildren trick or treated as an astronaut, and a moon and stars.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, don't worry so much about razor blades or drugs in your candy. During the past 100 years, very few such incidents have happened, and more happened at home than by picking up tainted candy. They hype that up so much these days. Yes, there is always that chance of picking up something bad--about 100 or fewer legitimate incidents in 100 years. Just go out and have fun--the greater danger is getting hit by a car while trick or treating.

Even if you don't go out, it never hurts to hand out treats (obviously, I do not condone those few scumbags that do hand out poison or razor blades with their treats. Those filth belong in jail, for a good long time.) Get a few strings of Halloween LED lights and place them, or place a LED candle in a pumpkin (real or fake--the fake ones are reusable). And do you really need those hideous items? I find such things as bats, ghosts, witches, spiders, and the like to be just fine without fake crime scenes.

Ditto for Christmas. It is true that it follows the pagan sun worship festival (the sun "dies on the cross" three days before Christmas, then rises off the cross on Christmas Day). But that doesn't stop anyone from having fun that day. Be mindful to spend within your means, and that it is not the end of the world to have some fun that day. Whether or not you go to church is up to you. The only thing I ask is that you refrain from drinking and driving--which can get you in the hospital or jail for the holidays, giving you a dreary Christmas instead of a merry one.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Oh WTWizard you're just a bundle of laughs aren't you!

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ no jw will recognise you now!

harmless fun that makes no sense not to celebrate.

good for you!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit