My day...my horrible horrible day...

by blaid 7 Replies latest jw friends

• blaid
    blaid

Yep, thats right, it started out great, but then...what can I say. The shit hit the fan.

I had a job interview at 12:00 P.M. at Hollywood Video. The interview went really well, and I have another interview with the district manager sometime this week. Wish me luck!

But then, at 4:30 P.M., I had to meet with the elders. Yep, thats right. The elders were horrible. They kept spouting bull crap about how if I leave the organization, I will be "killing me parents." I couldnt take it, they started babbleing about how the meeting was SUPPOSED to make me feel bad, its not their job to make me feel good. Fuck that. I finally gave into them and said that I was going to stick with the organization for sometime. This settled them down. It took about 14 times saying "I want to be disassociated," yet it only took one time me saying "fine, I think i should stay here then" for them to hear it. *kicks elders* Damn selective hearing. It was like they were intentionally trying to make me cry, make me feel like crap, and want to burn down the building. They did a good job, but I didnt give them the satisfaction of seeing me cry. Call it masculine bullshit, call it whatever you want. But for some reason, I couldnt cry. Bottled up again, heh, fuck them all.

• berylblue
    berylblue

((Blaid))

First of all, welcome.

Second, I feel for you. You are right....horrible is the word.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Blaid would it kill your parents?

Elders are bullies and you got bullied. Just do a fade if you need to. Or can.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Welcome to the board Blaid.... Just shine the elders on for the moment and focus on your job and the more positive things in life. Then deal with the elders when you want, and on your terms. Good Luck in getting the job.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

welcome to the board blaid

sorry for the shitty day. it sounds like you can easily keep the elder henchmen at bay by just lying to them and telling them what they want to hear.

hey if that works, then carry on with it then. some here on the board even lie about their field service time and hand in fake time every month just to keep them off their backs.

it sounds like that you want to get on with your life and aren't as concerend if you are or aren't DF'd or DA'd. are you the one that is turning 18 in less than a year and is just buying time till he can get out of the house?

if that's the case, i would just keep appeasing them till you get out on your own and somewhat established on your own two feet.

bottom line, do whatever you feel you have to do to avoid JC action. Lie, bullshit, tell lthem you love the all-f*cking mighty god of the WatchTower, jehover; that you roll around naked on your bed covered in Awake! magazines, that you informal witness and get in 10 hours a month at school, that you started 12 bible studies at school, anything is fair game in this damn war bud.

And trust me, it's a war, no doubt about it. These little men are playing for blood, so this is serious. Serious like a f*uckin heart attack.

When you go get out on your own, don't give them the time of day. They ain't worth the air in your lungs to even tell them to go get bent.

Another thing i would ask. Be mad and angry at the damnable WT Society; but don't hate your family if their only crime is being loyal to this organization. Try not to judge them for it if you can.

The only reason i ask that is right now i am trying to escape the WT Society myself. Most of my family are not JW's. And they have never judged me and have always expressed love for me. If your family is deserving of such love and their only major hang-up is the Borganization, then try not to hate them for it.

It has made a world of difference for me in escaping the borg knowing I can go back to them after shunning them and hurting them for almost 20 years. I am already being welcomed back by the ones i have contacted. Your family may be running to you for the same help as the evil organization they are a part of falters in their eyes in the future.

Be there for your family when that day arrives if you can find it in your heart to do so.

Hang in there man, and good luck on that job!

Winston.

• Panda
    Panda

Blaid, The elders wanted to make you miserable. Which is amazing since they're supposed to make you want to stick around. They are bully's though and WS was right they will go for blood because it makes them feel powerful.

One thing that helps is that whenever you see them imagine they are dressed in their underwear or pantyhose... Believe me you'll have a hard time getting mad or upset (which is what they want so you thwart them and they don't even know).

They are jealous that someone so young is smart enough to see the lies and hypocrisy.

They are jealous because you are young and they are not.

They are jealous because you see a better life outside the Borg.

Would leaving really kill your parents? IMO just become a yes man (how often do you really see these guys?) Join the military or get a loan for school. Become whoever you see in your future.

You sound like you'll do fine. Tell your parents you love them. {{{{{{{Blaid}}}}}} Panda

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy blaid.

Good luck on the next interview with the district manager.

It was like they were intentionally trying to make me cry, make me feel like crap,

Don't kid yourself. They were trying to do just that. Remember they don't care if you believe, all they want is your butt in the seat. They don't care if you really talk to anyone out in service. They only want numbers. What you're thinking and feeling is irrelevent to them.

I don't know your situation but it might be best if you could slowly fade into the background. Disassociation would mean your parents would not be able to talk with you. I don't know if that matters or not, but it might get lonely after a few years.

It's your life to do with as you want. Whatever you do with it, live it well. That's the best revenge against them.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hi Blaid,

Welcome to the board. Sit back and try to collect your thoughts. I agree with the others and try to fade.

Good luck with the interview

Devon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit