Matthew 24: 36

by Noumenon 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

For those interested in bible chronology here is an interesting website. It also discusses JW chronology and UN involvement. This link is to an intriguing take on Matthew 24: 36:

http://www.bibledecoded.com/understanding237.html

• JCanon
    JCanon

Thanks for the post.

I'd just note that few people realize how SPECIFIC the scriptures are when stating nobody has seen or knows the "day nor hour", since the Bible does provide through chronology the month and year of the second coming. Further, the "Lord's Day" which I equate with Armageddon is not the same event as the "second coming" which is the context in which "nobody knows the day nor hour" is stated.

Further, Acts refers to some times that are "within the jurisdiction of the Father", but that is also quite specific in regard, not to the second coming, but when the kingdom would be set up in the earth, that is, immediately after Armageddon. Some people blurr it all together or imagine that we would not be able to pinpoint scripturally the precise year at least of the second coming, though the "Lord's Day" and Armageddon are times to expect but have no specific chronology provided in scripture.

JCanon

• sens
    sens
    Further, the "Lord's Day" which I equate with Armageddon is not the same event as the "second coming"

Ok Im really interested to know , if the second coming isnt the big day what is it?

3 Sens 4

• JCanon
    JCanon

Ok Im really interested to know , if the second coming isnt the big day what is it?

Ummm...well.... it's sort of specific. I'll just give you the basic line up of events:

1914 begins "the last generation" and the Lord's "presence" (paraousia).

1947 was the "END", that is, the end of the gentile times.

1992 was perhaps a big DATED event in the Bible, the "second coming" (45 years after 1947). That's the reference to "nobody knows the day nor hour" but the year and month are provided in the Bible prophecies.

The "great tribulation"of Matthew and Mark was the HOLOCAUST.

The "great tribulation" of Revelation is ARmageddon and nobody knows what that date is. That's the BIG ONE I suppose. It will follow on the heels of the destruction of Babylon the Great (UN disposal of Illuminati-based world finance) which is also not dated in the Bible. The Bible sets the extension of governments after the fall of BTG to "one time and a season" (1 year 3 months).

So....some "big events" in the private spiritual sector of cult followers have occurred, the big-ticket items that everybody will see and be on are still waiting to happen (except the Holocaust, of course, which already happend---plus the return of the Jews to Palestine, which was fulfilled in 1947).

JCanon

• sens
    sens

Interesting...will look into it when I have time.

Thanks for your answers,

3 Sens 4

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit