Look what I get to see!

by WildHorses 4 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I am a really big fan of history and the Titanic has always been of great interest to me. I was listening to the radio on my way to work this morning and heard about the exhibit here in Raleigh. I asked my son, Manuel, if he would like to go and he said sure. So, hopefully tomorrow, we will be going to see the exhibit. I'm so excited!

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm still kicking myself for not seeing it when it came through Seattle. Hope you enjoy it.

• mann377
    mann377

The exhibit is great! I saw it some years ago. This was of special interest to me because I pioneered with an old brother that was on the Titanic, he died 20 years ago. He told me he was just a child when it went down. He said that he woke up and noticed the room was at an angle and he woke up his sister and asked her about the angle of the room. They went up stairs and got on one of the last life boats, he told me that the ship sunk and then looked like it was coming back up for a time and then finally sunk. This always puzzled me until the discovery by Robert Balllard that the ship broke in half.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Mann, will they allow photos to be taken? I doubt they will, but thought i'd ask since you saw the exhibit yourself. I'd love to take pictures if allowed.

• adrift
    adrift

WildHorses, I saw the exhibit a few years ago when it was in Chicago and no, you can't take pictures or video of it. Less than a week after I saw it someone managed to steal a diary. When I was there some guy was trying to use his video camera and I always wondered after that if he could have been casing the exhibit for this theft.

I'm a big history buff too. You're going to love it!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit