Handmaids tale

by enigma1863 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

Have you seen the handmaids tale? Or possibly read the book? Do you think the story would impact JWs?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I read the book and saw the movie starring Robert Duvall (As the general.). The movie's ending was better than the book [removed]

As for impacting the JWs I doubt it since the premise of the book - mass sterility and surrogate mother slavery - has no equivalence in our times.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Wow, thanks for spoiling the ending Idiot!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Sorry jp1692, I was thinking about the OP who apparently watched it.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Apology accepted. I have NOT watched it and have been looking forward to it for quite some time.

I was hoping for some informative comments absent ***SPOILERS***

• jp1692
    jp1692

VI, future readers of this thread will appreciate that you removed the spoiler. Thanks!

• Simon
    Simon

I removed it, posting spoilers for a new series is a big inconsiderate.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Thank you Simon!

• bohm
    bohm

Thanks to my brain not working well on a Sunday I can't recall what the spoiler was :-).

I just caught the first episode of "American Gods". Looks promising so far with some interesting writing and cinematography; the scene in the cemetery was some pretty awesome acting IMO.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

Its on Hulu. I think four episodes so far. I found out about it from SNL. I could totally believe a religion like that existing. It reminds me a bit of the Quiverfull movement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit