An interesting explanation for the sale of India Branch property

by Ireneus 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Yesterday I was talking to a Witness who has some connections with Witnesses in India. When I mentioned about the plan of selling the Branch property, he was saying ‘This is a clever move as they fear a ban in that country as recently happened in Russia.’

This shows what type of trust they have in Jehovah!

• steve2
    steve2

How sweetly deluded your JW acquaintance is.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Yes steve2,

Really I could not control my laughter within me.

Where is their Abrahamic faith they proudly speak of?

• Half banana
    Half banana

Fear works wonders in religious circles.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Remember when the Mexican Government said that all religions must give up their property to the state of Mexico, Jehovah's Witnesses claimed they were not a religion and were suddenly a "Cultural Organization". The Catholic Church abided and remained a religion. When the Mexican government changed their stance, the Catholic Church legally got their churches back and Jehovah's Witnesses then applied to be a religion.

Who betrayed their God? Who had more faith?

• blankspace
    blankspace

There's tons of rumours going around about the reason for the sale. In reality, the branch sale was planned years before the Russian ban. The branch was built with aggregated funds donated worldwide and there was always a risk of the government clamping down on them and seizing the property after the ban on foreign donations came into effect. In fact, the current government has even started seizing temple treasures to compensate it's financial deficit. So the plan to sell the branch has been around for a while now. Finding a buyer took time and so did legal formalities. It's still going to take a year or so before the property is handed over to the new owners.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit