After 2 Years, Closure Elusive to Many

by DakotaRed 3 Replies latest social current

• DakotaRed
  • blondie
    blondie

I can't access the article but I assume you mean 9-11. Closure , complete, will never come. As long as people see the altered skyline of NYC, they can't. As long as some see the empty chair in their homes, they can't. But can they put it aside, not making it the center of their lives? I think so.

I think of myself and the abuse I received at the hands of family members. Years later I remember it and it has profoundly affected my life. But the anger is gone and the pain no longer dominates, it has become small enough to be gone.

Two years is hardly enough time to deal with the pain and anger arising out of 9-11. But closure will come.

Blondie

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Blondie, the article was about the extremely difficult task of identifying victims of the WTC. Due to the gravity of it all, it is DNA analysis of extremely small body parts and tissue they have to work with. The article relates it to be like being in a gigantic mortal and pestal. The closure mentioned is that some 1200 families still have nothing to bury of their loved ones. Ones that have received remains, often got little more than a test tube of tissue.

• blondie
    blondie

That is hard. Reminds me of a show I saw recently about parents with missing children that are still hoping 20 years later. Are they living, are they not?

Sort of like MIAs, eh?

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit