alternate forms of "witnessing"

by kgfreeperson 3 Replies latest jw friends

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Today there was an "involvement fair" at the college where I work. All student organizations were represented as well as probably 15 to 20 religious organizations. All the religious organization's tables had kids around getting information except (wait for it!) the poor, lonely, JW, who was obsessively straightening his Awake!s and avoiding eye contact. I felt so sorry for him I almost wandered over to talk, but decided I wasn't *that* compassionate! Is there any successful witnessing strategy? Or is it all pretty much just putting in the time? Now that I think of it, recruiting at an institution of higher learning? Hmmmmm.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    Is there any successful witnessing strategy? Or is it all pretty much just putting in the time?

I don't think so, the only stragedy that works is if the new person is going through a tough time in life, otherwise it's just putting in time, it's getting more and more obvious to me that as the years go by the JW's are hating the service work more and more. Maybe they will adopt the Mormon attitude that you only have to do it for two years.

BTW, I am a bit surprised they would set up at a college ???

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Last year, there was a sealed manila envelope in the new student orientation package that said something like "information from Jehovah's Witnesses inside." When you opened it up, everything looked as if they were associated with the college. I hit the roof (and this was way before I knew what I know now). There's was the only information from any outside organization let alone a religious one. I fussed and fumed and fussed some more and as far as I know, they didn't have anything in the orientation materials this year. But, yeah, they seem to be on the "campus ministry" bandwagon. Religion being a trap and a snare and all.

• gumby
    gumby
    I almost wandered over to talk, but decided I wasn't *that* compassionate!

Maybe you should have been. It might have worked.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit