dont know what to do!

by Gavo 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Gavo
    Gavo

here is my story and dilemma!

i was kindof raised a jw...

i have been going to meetings as long as i can remember..

but i met this girl who was 'of the world'

(she was a christian)

anyway to cut a really really long story short

i fell in love with her and she showed me what it's like to be a

real christian,, and i realized that was totally different than being a jw.

i stopped my 'bible study' (which is actually not studying the bible)

and i am through with jws. i am now a christian..

there is only one problem!

my mom and brother are still jws..

my dad never was, and he is kindof against it...

but i did some research and found out it was a serious cult.

they are really upset with me for leaving..

and i want to save them! but it will look like i am trying to 'tear them away from the truth'...

now i am considered an apostate.

how do i deal with my mom and brother???

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Just pray. Jesus will do the rest.

• shamus
    shamus

Welcome to the board!

The best way to deal with them is to be the best person that you can be, and don't let them get you down. You need to show them, by your actions that you are still a nice person and blameless even though you are a rotten apostate (tm) and are going to burn at armageddon! (tm).

Killing cult members with kindness is the best thing that you can do. Don't let them get you into arguments. I just tell them that people in "the world" are nicer, and kinder than assholes at the hall, end of story. That is something that they cannot deny.....

BTW, are you baptised? If not, they will probavbly not "shunn" you.... although one never knows.

Again, welcome! Hope that you find some answers here...

Shamus

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Gavo, welcome to the board. I think what Sixy is trying to say, in his own inimitable fashion, is that you won't be able to change your family -- either they will accept you as you are or they won't. Just be yourself! Now, if they are thoroughly indoctrinated JWs they may shun you and it will feel horrible, but you have to live your life doing what is best for YOU, not them.

Read the threads on this forum and you'll get a lot of good life experiences and suggestions that might help you.

Nina

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Almost sounds like what happened to me. I never got baptized. If you were never baptized they have no right to shun you.

BTW, welcome to the board!

• sens
    sens

Hi Gavo...

I agree with SixofNine ...pray about it, & hope for the best...welcome to the board

3 Sens 4

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Well, before you thought that you were right... and you had no problems because your family agreed with you.

Now you think that you are right, but you want your family to agree with you, now that you've changed your mind.

As previous posts said, just be the best person you can be (that includes being the most accepting, non-judgemental, non-self-righteous person you can be) and things will work out.

If you wait for them to change before you fully love them, you're behaving the same way the witnesses do.

BTW, distinguishing between JW's and Christians is an interesting topic - before you bring that up here too much, I advise you be pretty darned familiar with the arguments you plan to cite.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Gavo, don't have any advice, but wanted to welcome you.

• Joker10
    Joker10

How old are you? "I now know what is to be a Christian" Hmmm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit