Giving the GB a Windows Version Name

by AllTimeJeff 8 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I don't know which version of GB we are on.(Also unknown, which "old light" doctrines they changed to conveniently fortify their own position, When I was at Gilead in 2005, I called them 2.0 because the last of the old guard was dying off.

For those associated with "ancient" history, Windows started to come in their own with 3.0 and 3.1 in the early 1990s. That is, until Windows 95 happened, and the ubiquitous Start button was first introduced. (and the accompanying "Start Me Up" ad campaign with Mick Jagger and the boys)

I think the Governing Body of JW's need a more telling and permanent description of their legacy of absolute failure. Failure as leaders, as prophets, as protectors of their flock, and especially failing to just simply be honest, own it, and tell the truth.

So, how about GB 2014. (or GB14?) You can start me up on that, because that's 100 years since 1914, since millions who saw it will never die. Except they did.

GB 2014, you all have a nice day. Have fun with those pesky, Adventist inspired Gentile Times too.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Great idea. If only they would. Come clean, air out all the old skeletons in the closet they have been hiding and covering up for decades and start fresh. If only such honesty weren't so damaging to their narrative... It would take great courage, courage I don't think they possess.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

I remember the utter failure that was Windows ME (millenium).

GB Millenium? Seems apt.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

How about GB denier or GB give me the Damm money or GB on the run or GB disappointment or GB do what I say not what I do. I know it has to be shorter but how about GB last days or GB we wear tight pants because we have no balls. That one is way too long but maybe GB nuts then we can then say sometimes they feel like a nut and most times they are. GB pushers of fear and paranoia. Sorry Jeff my mind is on silly thinking. But maybe my sillyness will jar someone to come up with something but I do like GB14. Take care. Still Totally ADD

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think GB 1.0 was the original — Knorr, Franz & Co. As those guys died GB 2.0 was Jaraz, Henschel, & Schroeter. All of the 2.0 guys are dead but Herd. Obviously Herd is not at the helm, so I’d say we’re at GB 3.0 for now.

JMHO

YMMV

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Thanks for anyone responding to this silly little post. Just a thought. But I actually really like GM Millennium. That floats off the tongue a little better.

• TD
    TD

I vote for ME (Those familiar with it will know exactly what I mean)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How about GB Vista - Because they are always crashing and are full of viruses?

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

it's simply the Overlapping GB, only updates, no new version needed any longer..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit