Ah, What a tangled web we weave...

by NaruNaruChan 8 Replies latest jw friends

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

...When first we practice to decieve.

The semester just started again for me, and I'm using my computer lab access to write this, because I feel like venting. ... and so I will vent. ^_^

So I worked with my JW ex best friend (Mind you, I said JW ex best friend, not ex jw best friend) and she and I were blissfully ignoring eachother (at least I was blissfully ignoring her) when all of a sudden she starts talking to me again... which, to my surprise, was shocking. I decided on a whim that perhaps she was talking to me in order to seek refuge... so I went along with it and set a lunch date with her (a discreet one)... and as it turns out.. she doesn't believe anything the JWs tell her (and she's born and raised JW) nor does she follow it to their face... rather, she fronts to her parents in order to not lose touch with them, and then does things... how do the dubs say it.. "Leading a double life...?" Anywho... I was in shock, because she was the dub who converted me four years prior...

I feel used.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I was in shock, because she was the dub who converted me four years prior...

Well, I reckon SO....didja find out how LONG she's been thinking this way and leading the "double life"?

Frannie B

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Actually, this looks like an excellent opportunity to rekindle an old friendship... and help her leave the bOrg. You have already learned the pitfalls in leaving and you can help her leave more gracefully. You can also offer her an enormous amount of emotional support while she is going through this.

She did not use you... she was struggling to survive. You can't fault her for that.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I must me missing something....Do you think this is unusual? Most duds do this to a lesser or greater degree! The most sucessful ones don't buy all the happy crap on some levels. If they did they would be here! Most of us gave it a go and it didn't fly..so we crashed ...here! Maverick

• free will
    free will

i agree with elsewhere. you may feel that she drew you into something that ultimately wasn't for you. but, just maybe, she thought there was something wrong with her faith at the time, and theocratically thought jw activities would fix it. all in all, if she truly feels this way, she was as much a victim as you. its the circle of jw life. we are all a part of it.

• run dont walk
  • ESTEE
    ESTEE

How blessed she is to have you in her life! We all need support when we decide to leave. Because of the control and abuse.

I'm glad you are there to help!! You are a gift in her life right now!

ESTEE

• arancia
    arancia

I personally did not need any help,but i was not born in that org.and we are all different ,also the fact you were born as j.w. must be very different from be a converted one.The system the org,practice is not to put things together,avery thing is impossible if you do not follow the law of the party that you are in.If you love me you follow me,as i say. If she ask your help,give it to her.As far as i concerne this is what Jesus would do in this occasion.

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan
    Well, I reckon SO....didja find out how LONG she's been thinking this way and leading the "double life"?

Since she was 14 or so, and met her first "worldly" boyfriend, and she is 21 now, same as I am... I know she did it to survive, but that's kind of harsh, I mean, talk about heartless! EUGH. But I understand it now. I just don't want to get stepped on again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit