..marriage relationship and normal family affections .... can continue

by core 3 Replies latest jw friends

• core
    core
    Those who formally say they do not want to be part of the organization any more are also avoided. What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still Jehovah's Witnesses? The spiritual ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings can continue.

Quote is from WT Public Affairs site which I came across by chance - what shocked me was the use of the word CAN in the last line - who are these people to assume such widespread power as to indicate that THEY ARE ALLOWING a God given right re family relationships - why oh why did I waste 30 odd years with this vermin?

• Gopher
    Gopher

When do normal family relations really continue after the DF'ing? Rarely.

The organization uses DF'ing as a weapon to infiltrate the family and separate marriage partners from each other emotionally.

Doesn't their own literature say that "spiritual conversation" is vital for the health of a marriage. And yet they take "spiritual conversation" away, so that the "non-DF'd" mate cannot discuss anything of spiritual importance with his/her spouse.

So what's left to talk about, the weather?

The DF'ing arrangement is an assault on marriage. The WTS subtly tries to divide families. And elders play along, oftentimes encouraging the non-DF'd mate to look for opportunities to separate (physically or emotionally) from their mate.

Shame.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    The DF'ing arrangement is an assault on marriage. The WTS subtly tries to divide families. And elders play along, oftentimes encouraging the non-DF'd mate to look for opportunities to separate (physically or emotionally) from their mate.

Shame.

Exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Are these lies they tell themselves? or just the public? I met a JW after shopping for groceries and she was all sugary sweet. I asked her point blank why her religion attacks families with their shunning policy. She looked me in the eye and with a straight face said, 'Oh you mean disfellowishipping? It only affects the spiritual relationship' I wanted to scream bullsh**t, I lived it, I know how cruel it is and what it does to people. My 'worldy' family told me that after the way my mom was treated by our JW family for over a decade they were turned off by the religion, they thought it was sick and cruel.And I hate how they lie, just tell people the truth, disfellowshiping is emotional blackmail, like a freakin' hostage situation either stay in the borg or we've got your family and friends. Wonder how many converts they'd get with that! - V Sky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit