technical support with Outlook Express 5.0?

by wasasister 7 Replies latest jw friends

• wasasister
    wasasister

I recently had a catastrophic crash of my computer due to the recent break-in. (See "I was robbed") I worked to restore my hard drive for hours, but all I was able to do was backup most of my important files. In the end, I had to use the emergency restore disk and it wiped everything on my hard-drive.

I copied my inbox folder from Outlook Express onto a CD. I am now trying to import the "messages" from the previous identity back into the new, blank Outlook. So far, I have been unsuccessful. Any suggestions? Please PM me if this is too mundane to take up bandwidth. I'd really hate to have to call MS tech support, so if any of you can help me, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Wasa

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

((((((((((wassa)))))))))))

I'll tell Craig about this thread maybe he can help you. He's a computer wiz! All I can offer is a hug!

KateVisit Smiley Central!

• Savage_Buda
    Savage_Buda

Hello,

Can you tell me the name of the file you have? And are you using Outlook express 5 or the latest 6? When you say you copied your inbox to CD what did you do?

Thanks,

Savage

• onacruse
    onacruse

((wasa))

Kate highly over-rates my abilities I can't even begin to offer any useful advice on this. If I had a prob, my first call would be to drwatson (a Pacific NWer ).

Craig

• Valis
    Valis

Hey wassa...long time no talk...this is just general advice, but maybe I can give you some pointers and you can give results, then maybe others can pick up and help out...we'll to it Socratic style....

When you are in Outlook 5 can you click on file and find Import? If you backed it up to CD then all you need to do is browse to the backup on the CD and Import it into your reinstalled version of OE...I may be missing something, but I hope this helps. Post back and we'll try something else if need be.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    my first call would be to drwatson

DOH!!!

Actually I don't use Outlook Express so I can't offer any advice... but thanks for offering my services, ona.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Val, ha! Just because you teach college-level computer courses don't mean nuthin. LOL

Craig

• gumby
    gumby
    I'll tell Craig about this thread maybe he can help you. He's a computer wiz

Now I know I'm coming over for a visit! .......I knew he was a smart little bastard!

Do ya think he'll charge me for lessons?

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit