The Watchtower is not invincible

by Coded Logic 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    I remind myself that there are still Bible Students that follow Studies in the Scriptures.

I suppose it boils down to a question of identity. Will the JWs go away completely? No. Is there a chance we could see them become a shell of them former selves with almost no infrastructure in most countries and an inability to recruit? I'd say the odds aren't looking good for them.

isn't most of this stuff any religion? Like being homophobic. If you aren't, you're not following the Bible.

The Bible claims a great deal many things and a whole lot of it is self contradictory. Furthermore, a lot of denominations place far more importance on the teachings of Jesus about love and acceptance over the crazy ramblings of Paul - and lots of churches don't even touch the Old Testament. But when it comes to critiquing any given denomination I don't care what their holy book says. I care about what they actually teach. And how they treat other people.

In mainstream Christianity you don't see tribalism to such a degree as with the JWs - where they think every other branch of Christianity is the work of Satan. We also see lots of churches where women are seen as equals to their husbands and where it is okay for a woman to be a preacher. And the blood doctrine is the sole property of the WT.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think that with the currant GB/CEOs running this Corporation that they will go down in financial ruin. These guys are so full of shit in everything they say and do, another words: they are frauds, so how can they ever expect to survive one lawsuit after another as their underhanded ways finally catch up to them.

I ask you what kind of CEO makes his company buy a worthless chemical dump for his companies new headquarter, while selling their prime real estate holdings to relocate to a contaminated sight out in the boonies? They can't last very long making one blunder after another. With all this sky is falling chicken little bull shit it has got to catch up to them big time.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    There has to be a reason why the Borg knowingly bought land on metal waste dump.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Down from 300 page books on the trolleys to single page tracts
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    There has to be a reason why the Borg knowingly bought land on metal waste dump.

Yes and reason's many #1 they are uneducated and delusional #2 brain shrinkage and senility #3 can't see the writing on the wall #4 trusting in their imaginary friend Jehovah #5 they are in deep deep denial about any facts that are unpleasant to them

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Great. People living and working on that toxic dump. With poisonous vapour plumes ascending up and into everyone who knows about it. Just wreaks of negligence, studpidity.
  • kookie
    kookie

Think their will probably be a change in direction from the top like new light 12 little popes.

and a lot less witnesses, but they will be around for awhile yet but mainly on the net. Think the witnessing will eventually be done electronically and informally, KH will be hooked up to the GB talks and helpers.

they will probably bring in tithing and once all the oldies go the blood issue will be gone.

Just my opinion.

• kookie
    kookie
    micky mouse is all pruffed up.
  • Landy
    Landy

I'm not current at all, I have no idea how many now go to the hall I used to go to, but I get the impression it's less than it used to be.

I think JWs fall in to several categories

1) People that are born in - I reckon at least 60% of these will stop going once they realise what it's about (out of three kids my mother had - none of us go now).

2) Vulnerable people, people who have lost someone and cling to the resurrection hope like a comfort blanket, or people who have been abused or are emotionally fragile; people who 'feel the love'; people who 'need' something in their life.

3) Elderly people, people who have always gone because, well, they've always gone.

The number of born ins who stop going will increase due to being members of the google generation - no matter how hard the elders condemn the internet, the kids are gonna google and a brain worm will get in.

In developed countries the numbers will fall due to the information on the interweb. If there will be an increase it will be in undeveloped countries where the internet isn't readily accessible, but this causes an issue as their ability to contribute is waaaay less than those from developed countries.

I think we'll see a lot of the printing stop, it's an anachorism in this day and age. The WTS will send the info out in PDFs and get the publishers to print it out themselves, or use the ipads and offer to email a copy to the householder.

In essence the WTS will downsize its operation due to its dwindling cashflow.

• done4good
    done4good

If you look around the world, all religion is becoming very polarized. Society is evolving, and some religions, (like the RC church), are slowly beginning to evolve with society progressively, (I am an atheist, so not defending the RC, although the modern version of the RC is quite docile), while the more fundamentalist ones, (radical Islam, Evangelical Protestant, JW, Orthodox Judaism, etc.), are becoming more extreme and out of touch with the rest of society.

A positive feedback loop is what we are seeing. As society evolves, (and this is happening much faster with the aid of modern technology), more people are becoming less religious. The fundamentalist type religions are responding to this with varying levels of extremism, pushing the moderates either away from religion entirely, or they become extreme themselves. What is left religiously is even more extreme, and this further pushes existing moderates out, etc. This is not a stable situation and will become unhinged for many religious groups in the coming years, not just JW.

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit