By chance I found copies of my 2 reinstatement letters..............

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 8 Replies latest jw friends

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

........................and I read them. Big mistake!

As I read them I felt like the person that wrote them was a pathetic, crawling, stupid, insecure, brain-washed, idiot! I didn't know this person, and liked her even less! She sounded like she was trying to win the elders over, just so she could be back with her spiritual, loving, family, she sounded like she was begging, pleading, selling herself short. She even said she was thankful Jehovah loved her so much he disciplined her this way. She even said, but couldn't have meant it, that she was prepared to try and forgive the pedophile. OMG..........how revolting!

Then, when I put the letters down I felt so disappointed with myself. The fact that I had let these men bully me, that I had made them feel so powerful, that I played their game, and that I had let the inner child in me down. I protected my own children but couldn't protect MY inner child.

But things have changed since then, thank goodness. I have moved on, I am strong again and I won't take crap anymore. I'm wiser too. But it is very scarey when you realise just how much you were under THEIR control, and just how much you thought you know, yet you just didn'tt!

Does anyone out there ever feel like the dub person they were is someone they dislike.............and why?????????? And do you love the person you are now???????????

Cheers, Bliss

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    I am strong again and I won't take crap anymore. I'm wiser too

YES YOU ARE ... NOW ... just to say that I've read and understood ... Thanks for sharing

Corinne

• yxl1
    yxl1
    a pathetic, crawling, stupid, insecure, brain-washed, idiot

Bliss, we all were! I'm glad I dont have a copy of my reinstatement letter, as I'm sure it would uncover a part of me I'd rather forget. I often get angry when I look back at what I used to be, but now I'm a little older, those feelings are less frequent. Like me, I'm sure you've found this board a great help, if only to listen to others experiences and know that there are other people out there like you (us).

If I could meet myself from 15 years ago, I'd hit him in the face with his book bag.

• rekless
    rekless

don't feel too bad about yourself, I am living with the death of my son to leaukemia 15 years ago. Realizing the borg was not the truth is when his lost really hit me. I gave him up for nothing, see you are no more foolish than many of us. You did right, you moved on.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Reckless : I gave him up for nothing

NOT for NOTHING ... In Knowing how Terrible you can feel about that ... at least it can open lots of JWs eyes ...

• rekless
    rekless

I hope it opens eyes, but as long as they are inside the org. their eyes are close as well as their minds. thanks for the encouragement.

• Brandy
    Brandy

Rekless,

I feel that your son is smiling now knowing that your eyes are eide open about the borg. He knows how much you love him. I have lost a child also. My was to an auto accident. I know the pain of loosing ones child.

brandy

• metatron
    metatron

Welcome to this on line collection of previous idiots!

As I've posted before, "What the hell was I thinking?" comes up again and again.

Being an ex-JW is a very humbling experience! After years of observing Watchtower

corruption from Bethel on down, it finally took my daughter's molestation to "wake up"

to the fact that I wasted decades of my life slaving for this business-cult.

metatron

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Yeah - what a load of tripe, I remember the reinstatement letter I wrote. I probably still have it somewhere. I'm so happy the elders laughed at me, although I found it humiliating at the time.

Freedom is expensive. Strength takes courage, and courage takes faith. None of which the dubs possess in any great quantities.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit