US National Do-Not-Call-List

by Shakita 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Shakita
    Shakita

Really weird.....this posted before I even I clicked on "submit post"....oh well....

This is the last night to register for the National Do-Not-Call list....

http://www.donotcall.gov/Register/Reg.aspx

If anyone is getting calls like I am from telemarketers almost every day....then you have a few more hours to register.

Mrs. Shakita

• rocketman
    rocketman

I got on the list for my state a few months back, and it's worked well thus far.

Next on my wish list: a national do-not-call for door-door callers. Gee, whom might that include?

• RoadDoctor
    RoadDoctor

I cant wait until October 1st, when the Do Not Call rules take effect on the Eastern side of the United States. However it wont stop the charities that are non-profit from calling. I'm just wondering, if someone calls you and they are violating the law...that $11 thousand fine, can we get some of that? It isnt inconveniencing the government by calling us, so don't you think it is only right the one who is annoyed/bothered/harassed get some of this money?

Josh

• Mulan
    Mulan

I did that a few weeks ago, and now whenever I get one of those irritating calls, I tell them "I am on the do not call list" and I hang up.

But.................if you have ever done business with a company, they can still call you. We had carpets cleaned before we did our wood floors, and now they call every month. I guess eventually they will get the hint that we now HAVE WOOD FLOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's great with all the mortgage companies that call though. Click!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

FYI: Yesterday wasn't the last night to register...it was simply the last night to register if you wanted it to go into effect October 1. If you register from now on you'll have to wait 3 months before it goes into effect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit