ATTN: Where does the dough go?

by Vita Nuova 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vita Nuova
    Vita Nuova

The Equation: Voluntary workforce + minimal publication costs + minimal building costs + Sweet Crazy Money - charity involvement = $????

Hello everyone,

I am seeking factual evidence or documented information on the Watchtower Society's accumulated financial wealth, which they apparently just seem to be sitting on. I have a JW coworker (a good guy) whose "kryptonite" may just prove to be his curiosity concerning the WBTS's big fat juicy hoard of cash.

Furthermore, I think it would simply be helpful to gather every tidbit of information into one spot for everyone to view. Please reply with links to info or post the numbers (including sources) in your reply.

Thanks all,

Vita Nuova

• mizpah
    mizpah

I hope someone will have the answers for this one. I have often wondered where this money is. My guess is that a lot of it is in investments which earn interest for the Watchtower Society. I don't think any one individual or group of individuals benefit from this wealth. The Society has large and expensive operations which demand large amounts of money.

However, I do think the leaders at Bethel live very comfortable and easy lives. One doesn't have to be rich to enjoy a rich man's life. With the many perks that come with the position, the leaders of the Watchtower Society are able to eat the best food, live in comfortable surroundings and travel the world in the best accomodations. The members also are very generous in their financial support wherever these men go.

Unlike other countries, the Watchtower Society does not have to declare its assets in the U.S. Other religions have volunteered "full disclosure." But not the Watchtower. And this seems to have been the practice of the organization from Russell's time onward. It has been rumored that many of the assets have been directed to other corporations controlled by the Watchtower. It would be interesting know the full extent of the Watchtower holdings in the U.S.

• Hamas
  • sf
    sf

The Money is in The Bank guys.

Chase Morgan Bank.

Same Bank that is to be Iraq's New World Bank.

Can you say :

Duh!

I Knew You Kould.

Ohhhhh, you are referring to the KoldKash...ahhhhhh, that's is strategically 'placed', of Kourse.

sKally

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Suppose you donated $2,000.00 a year for 30 years,that = $60,000.00.Now you find out that you been donating to an Organization that has been using the money in ways that you do not approve or authorized.

Just as they gave Ray Franz some money,do you think you can get some of that money back too?

NO WAY!

Blueblades

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Looks like no one has the answers.

I think that's why the WT worked so hard to avoid paying sales taxes, even though it resulted in less income overall. They didn't want to have to file tax reports.

• Vita Nuova
    Vita Nuova

I love this bit of info on one of the Watchtower Societies many UK entities, the INTERNATIONAL BIBLE STUDENTS ASSOCIATION, which was recently closed down according to http://watchtower.observer.org. In the trustee reports found on the site, I saw this one:

Relationship with connected charities

The Association works closely with Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain and The Kingdom Hall Trust. It permits Watchtower Society to use its premises for the Societys charitable work and provides accommodation for the volunteers. A service and maintenance charge is made. The Association purchases religious material from the Society and donates these to congregations of Jehovahs Witnesses. The Association makes donations to The Kingdom Hall Trust, enabling it to further its work, primarily in the French speaking world.

Looks more like masturbation than charity involvement. I suppose I could wipe my own ass and consider that charity, too.

Thanks for the link Hamas. Anybody else have something?

Thanks,

Vita Nuova

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

No one really has the answer or the reason why. Read my past posts and you'll find some of the same questions, with some helpful replies. But many others have asked this before, and I'm sure many more will.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well some of it gets invested back in property -- and of course is a GB memeber or senior Bethelite wants a holiday he justs needs to do a zone vist or tal at a convention in another country -- all that flights/ hotels etc is payed by the poor average dub

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

It goes to pay litigants gag orders and bribes.

Not forgetting that once it's donated it is no longer money, it's 'holy funds'.

the weirdest thing is how the Society lend money to build kingdom halls, then charge interest on it until it's repaid, and the legal title is in their name the whole time anyway. What a hoot!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit