I hope Man City do the treble

by LoveUniHateExams 2 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Man United did the treble in 1999 under Sir Alex Ferguson (the best manager in English football - sorry, City fans! XD).

And now Man City are just one game away from matching that achievement.

I'd just like to say that Erling Haaland is a phenomenon, a f**king goal machine.

This Norwegian dude is just 22 years old, and everywhere he goes he scores a f**k-ton of goals - he breaks records.

Case in point - his debut season in English football, he goes and smashes Alan Shearer's and Andy Cole's 34 premiership goals (Haaland scored 36 premiership goals). F**king awesome. If you follow the trajectory Haaland is on, he could end up being the greatest goal scorer of all time.

I think it would be great for English football if Man City annihilate Inter Milan in the Champions League Final.

^^^ And this is coming from a Spurs fan who thinks Eric Cantona is the best player the Premier League has produced (and I still think that).

• Simon
    Simon

As a City fan, I agree that City should win the treble!

We've had some dark times (falling down to the 3rd tier at one point) and had to wait a long, long time for success to come back to Maine Road, erm, I mean the Etihad. But now things are setup for sustained success going forward and it's great to see.

I don't care what team you support, you have to see the beauty in how City play and they are a joy to watch. Pep is transforming the game.

If we do win the treble and equal United's achievement, hopefully they can go on to set new heights that have never been done before - maybe a 4th consecutive premier league title, or why not back-to-back trebles? We can dream now ...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I really respect the tremendous numbers of loyal City fans who have never waivered throughout the bad times. Some are sadly no longer with us to see the dizzy heights of where City are today, and a few fans of course are bandwagon types who only recently came aboard, but most have been loyal for many years.

I am not a City supporter personally, but watch their success with interest and admiration.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit