Jehovah's Witness Recovery is no more...

by TimeBandit 119 Replies latest jw friends

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I just tried to go to the site and there is a goodbye message. I was a member there since 2010. I was really surprised. I had just started posting there again after being away for a while. Well, I guess the admin needed to move on Watch out for some JWR overflow...

TB-

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hey TimeBandit it was great while it lasted wasn't it?

I expect Simon will see a lot of new member requests today.

• Lanzing
    Lanzing

I was surfing around, had JUST posted a response to a thread, and *POOF* it was gone. In the forums place was this message.

Jehovah's Witness Recovery
    After much consideration, we have decided to move on to other things, and bring this site to a close. The staff of JWR would like to sincerely thank all of you for your friendship, wisdom, and support over the years.

For other resources, please visit JWfacts, JWsurvey, jehovahs-witness.com, or Reddit/r/exjw. Or, contact a local therapist to set up an appointment to receive in-depth assistance.
  • TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I'm kinda' sad about it actually. But this is a great place too.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

That's really gutting.

I was in regular contact with someone there and we were on the verge of arranging a meetup.

Now I can't contact them to exchange details!

I appreciate that all things come to an end but they could have at least given a weeks notice.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hi wizzstick

I did make that point to admin but the decision was only made a week ago and they were dead set on closing ASAP without discussion with the membership. I think a lot of people will find their way here.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I don't think they chose the right way to go about it. They should have given us notice....

TB-

• Exjwme
    Exjwme

I am so distraught by this sudden cut off. I've been out for a while, but I still struggle, the community meant so much to me. It really hurt me deeply...

• Exjwme
    Exjwme

Do we have any idea what prompted this sudden change? I really do feel gutted about this

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

I'm shocked.

There was a regular number of new ones joining. Sometimes every day.

It had a different 'tone' to this site. They complimented each other really well.

I think JWR had transferred ownership once before. Couldn't they have explored that option again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit