Where did Judicial Committees Come From?

by Lostandfound 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Much deserved bad criticism of WT in press, the ARC, UK Charities Commission etc

Why do he WT insist on the self inflicted wound of the JC process

I recall being threatened by an elder when I was going to the police over child abuse , If WT just disfellowshiped proven child abusers etc and then had the competent authorities made aware of matter then it seems to me much of the bad press etc WT gets would be limited.

Granted WT is different to other organisations/religious groups, by the nature of trust built up in the brotherhood, and the close contact over some time with vulnerable ones, for abusers to take advantage of.

As a percentage of membership I think (no proof) that abuse is wider than in other organisations because of this trust and exposure of young ones to such as elders MS etc who are "uncles" and not part of this dangerous world.

If elders reported to police cases of allegations then the proper authorities could investigate, not a group of window cleaners etc. Insistence on having the reported victim recount claims in front of alleged abuser is not what happens in court where the rights and privacy of the alleged victim are strenuously upheld. Video links etc used so any victim does not have to see perpetrator.

JC process to manage internal membership standards but let authorities deal with crimes.

If a man confessed to murdering his wife, who has "run away" so no one misses person would JC just disfellowshiped or even less a murderer? Lawyers and Judges highly qualified when the only qualification for an elder is a good suit and tie and friendship with current elders.

Supreme Court in USA face possible groundbreaking change after a Justice has died. Why do not GB who appear able to make any change they want, clean up JC process and put in place publicly known child abuse protection policies?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Lostandfound - "...Why do not GB who appear able to make any change they want, clean up JC process and put in place publicly known child abuse protection policies?"

A significant change like that would be tantamount to admitting the old way was wrong, that the methods of "Satan's World" were superior, and would also be a tacit admission that the problem existed in the first place.

None of which are prospects they find appealling or acceptable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit