What is the housing / accomodation living conditions of all of the Governing Body Members ? Does anybody know ?

by smiddy3 8 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I would be very curious to know what standard of living they have . And what type of housing each member has and what type of accomadation do they have and even what type of areas they are living in . Unlike many of the rank & file members who live in housing estates provided for the low income earners and pensioners ? who are struggling with living expenses.

And I think it would be a great eye opener if we could get this information somehow .

When I became a JW ,it was drummed into me that there were no clergy class and that everybody was treated equally . ( yeah right ) back then when a P.O. spoke from the platform he then sat down with the rest of the Congregation. ( how humble of him )

Do all of the Governing Body and their wives live in the same complex building ? or do some live out in the suburbs with there own private house .?

Another thought that just crossed my mind do any of them have holiday houses that they own ? that they can retreat to when the stress gets too great for them ?

I sincerely hope somebody can fill us in with all of the relevant information .

thank you.

• fulano
    fulano

I stayed once in John Bar’s room in Patterson. A humble cheaply furnished room. Forget the stories about wealth and private houses, Bentley’s, Rolex. Fairy tales.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I would think that they live a special wing at Warwick. Better security and all. They of course have their own heath care there too.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

fulano

Thanks for relating your experience .How long ago would this have taken place ? More than 20 years ago ? I can believe that would be true of many years ago however with all of the changes made during the last 10-15 years I doubt whether that would still be the case today.I remember about 30 years ago when some crticism was levelled at them for the "extravagance" exspence of a stairway in one of the buildings they had completed and their reasoning was something like this, if Christendom can spend so much to worship their false God we who worship the true God Jehovah should be even better .( words to that effect )

So it wouldn`s surprise me now if they did`nt reason since they are Jehovah`s representatives on earth today we should be treated better than Christendoms clergy ,because we serve the true God.

i

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Back in 2000, the UK bethel, overseers had quite the different rooms to everyone else. In the first week of induction you spend a few days cleaning with some females, the wives of bethelites. Assigned to the overseer rooms were local single sisters, they were related/"fleshly" to each other too.

We had to scrub around their personal toilets with dedicated tooth brushes, i kid you not. There is a reason bethel wives have burnout and emotional fatigue etc, they go to bethel and really, really didn't expect to be doing that!

Anyway, we went to a wing that had trees outside snd the little bed of water, they were still the crappy sized rooms BUT there walls were lined with oak and green leather. They didn't have a paper thin wall or shitty bed, they had an opulent room. Don't get me wrong, being someone that age and being allowed to 'live' in a cults room whilst you slave for them is no luxury.

I had to comment because I saw it with my own eyes, The cleaner actually brought it up, askedmifnit had bothered me. She said that people donate generously to these men for all they do, so they have nicer things,

Keep in mind our allowance was ?£10 a week for supposedly ALL bethelites,

I look back now, ashamed and angry at what they were taking from young, dedicated people. Bethel destroyed so many marriages,

• fulano
    fulano

Smiddy3... That was in 1999.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    do any of them have holiday houses that they own ? that they can retreat to when the stress gets too great for them ?
    Smiddy this is the water side property that cost over £1 million, bought by London Bethel for 'translation' work in Wales.

• mann377
    mann377

I know that back in the early 70's at Watchtower Farms that the north end of the top floor of the E building was blocked off from everybody entering. There was a brother at a desk in the hallway that would stop you unless you had permission to be there. It was a couple of apartments, one for Knorr only when he came to visit weekly.

If you look at Warwick on google you will notice some houses back down some drives. Hmmm

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The experience abiut the dictor who went with his family showed him living in a brownstone. He did have children and a special skill ( education).

Years ago I remember people mentioning Knorr living in the " holy of holies". I cannot imagine the upper echelon living in regular rooms. Wasn't there a post about one of them having a fit over the view of their lake?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit