New Light: Clap when it is given a Reinstatement ad

by TheTruthBR 66 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

If this an "authentic" directive from WT then it will surely soon be followed by another letter warning the rank and file sheeple to only modestly celebrate when a reinstatement is announced.

The letter will no doubt contain certain language regarding "an Over-clapping Generation" which Jesus "evidently" referred to in some obscure parable somewhere in the book of Jewish mythology called the bible.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Gayle
    Gayle
    New Kingdom song: "When you're happy ♫ and you know it, ♫ clap your hands . ♫ . ."
  • TheTruthBR
  • steve2
    steve2

It is little more than a popularity contest.

Now what does it mean if no applause follows the reinstatement notice?

Or louder applause for one and not the other?

Quite apart from the obvious insensitivity (as noted so well by dozy), you have to wonder why it has come to this, when the organization faces deeper problems such as the reporting of child sexual abuse.

JWs of yesteryear would have identified this "adjustment" as reflecting "worldly" values.

• sir82
    sir82

Curious that this is being pushed to elders all over the world, but not yet to the US.

Any thoughts on why they would do it that way?

• TheTruthBR
    TheTruthBR

Article avaible in JW.org: https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-may-2016/questions-from-readers/

How can the congregation express its joy when an announcement is made that someone has been reinstated?

In Luke chapter 15, we find Jesus’ powerful illustration about a man who had a flock of 100 sheep. When one of the sheep was missing, the man left the 99 behind in the wilderness and went after the lost sheep ‘until he found it.’ Jesus continued: “When he has found it, he puts it on his shoulders and rejoices. And when he gets home, he calls his friends and his neighbors together, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’” In conclusion, Jesus said: “I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous ones who have no need of repentance.”—Luke 15:4-7.

The context shows that Jesus spoke these words in order to correct the thinking of the scribes and the Pharisees, who criticized him for associating with tax collectors and sinners. (Luke 15:1-3) Jesus pointed out that there is joy in heaven when a sinner has come to repentance. We ask, ‘Since there is joy in heaven, should there not also be joy on earth when a sinner has repented, turned around, and made straight paths for his feet?’—Heb. 12:13.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    searcher per your post ..
    3 days ago

km 2/00 p. 7 Question Box

Is it appropriate to applaud when a reinstatement is announced?

In his loving-kindness, Jehovah God has provided a Scriptural way for repentant wrongdoers to regain his favor and achieve reinstatement in the Christian congregation. (Ps. 51:12, 17)

Im wondering what vs 17 is supposed to mean..... to me its sickening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit