New Light: Clap when it is given a Reinstatement ad

by TheTruthBR 66 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

This cult is like watching a tennis match. Back and forth. OMG, they have to tell the little drones when they can clap? You just can't make this sh*t up! Here today, gone tomorrow and back again.

For you lurkers: What else are they wrong on? Blood transfusions?

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    OrphanCrow Don't they just about do that at assemblies?
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

No Divergent,

In JW land the pedophile is protected and left unharmed, and the victim will be disfellowshipped. So, the applause is for the reinstated victim of abuse.

So, sister victim, you found your way back to the Kingdom Hall? Brother abuser will have part 2 of the CLAM tonight!

That's how it is.

Yesterday I told my lovely wife that I want nothing to do with the WTS in my life again, with all the money scam for paying abuse settlements, and Broadcasting telling that it is all an apostate mess-up (Splane).

G.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Not long ago it was dictated in a study article it was inappropriate for couples to hug, hold hands and otherwise to grab-ass during song and prayer. Many a J-dub look forward when they let-up on that to!

• Gayle
    Gayle

So aggravating, a small (inexperienced with real life) group of men, can make a law (their law) on such fundamental expression as clapping in joy. They have hurt so many people on their shunning law. Now, are they pressured with all the media exposing their ice cold policy of shunning. Are they trying to show something different, only as much that the DF'd person can come back, and the congregation can "clap" now. Whoop dee doo!

I do remember going to one of my last circuit assemblies (late 70s?) when it was announced not to clap anymore for reinstatements. I knew then the GB met once a week and wondered how many months of Wed. mornings. they had to come up with that change then, of all the concerns they really should have been changing.

• Gayle
    Gayle

But, as explained in The Watchtower May 2016, page 32,

is that out yet??

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Guidelines for "spontaneous" clapping. They are beyond parody.
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    Sometimes when certain people were reinstated, I believe some still clapped. Maybe they realized they can't stop it.
  • steve2
    steve2

The desperate need for approval trundles on. Man, is this ever an Approval-Seeking Contest!

I guess in a few years time they'll allow hooting and stamping of feet.

Alternatively, would it be inappropriate for those present to boo out loud when a known pedophile is reinstated?

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    Not long ago it was dictated in a study article it was inappropriate for couples to hug, hold hands and otherwise to grab-ass during song and prayer.

Really? That's insane. Do you have a reference for this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit