New Light: Clap when it is given a Reinstatement ad

by TheTruthBR 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    That's a good point, Slimboy, page 32 is the back page, usually reserved for Questions from Readers or something like that.
  • Grey Goose
    Grey Goose
    You just can't make this shit up.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

steve: Verfiication of the letter is needed. The letter cited a Watchtower from May 2016 - is that issue even out yet?

Until verification received, we need to think in terms of this being a parody and not actual letter...

This is the letter that is circulating on facebook. I have no idea if it is authentic.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    well first it wasn't even in english. no letterhead, and the usual suspects haven't posted it.
  • steve2
    steve2

So there is a letter from jw org in Portugese which is allegedly available to elders in Brazil but it is not available (yet) in English and it cites the May 2016 issue of the Watchtower page 32.

Thanks OrphanCrow for providing us with a formatted English version of that letter with the same font - showing how easily letters can be made to look official.

I think I'll wait and see. BTW, do the current issues of the Watchtower even have 32 pages?

• Listener
    Listener

The Watchtower has 32 pages and the Questions from Readers is on the 32nd page.

Here's a link to Borean Pickets which discuses 2 letters that had been sent to the org. On the this issue.

http://meletivivlon.com/2012/10/20/should-we-applaud-a-reinstantement/

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

So there is a letter from jw org in Portugese which is allegedly available to elders in Brazil but it is not available (yet) in English and it cites the May 2016 issue of the Watchtower page 32.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's a hoax intended to generate traffic to the JW website when people attempt to verify the claim.

• Divergent
    Divergent
    This is a non-issue for my cong. We have had quite a number disfellowshipped / disassociate themselves over the years... and guess what? Not a single one of them has ever returned!
  • Alive!
    Alive!

You know what is desperately sad about this topic?

Even if it proved to be a false circulation, somehow, it actually 'rings true' as the kind of instruction that would come from Brooklyn. It's only when you stand back and recognise the overall mentality that underwrites the 'spiritual guidance' from the WTBTS that you start to see its all a wee bit crazy.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The whole thing is nuts. I can see why I left as a teen. I hate to be infantilized! This is really not even worth noting hardly as one of their flip flops, but yet it demonstrates how flexible the "bible" is. They used a buttload of scripture to forbid it. How many will they find to allow it? Were the old scriptures wrong or were the old GB members/writing committee wrong? If that was wrong and it doesn't even matter, how much more should we be cautious of the teachings that affect life or are very unique in the Christian world? Clapping is the least of my issues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit