Psychic phenomena

by Brummie 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brummie
    Brummie

Does anyone notice how many people rally to see these psychics who claim to talk to the dead? England had a program on the other night where the top 3 TV Psychics held a rally and 1000s turned up.

Meanwhile on cable TV a program was on exposing what they did. They had placed certain people in the gathering crowd who would just strike up conversation with whomever. They gathered the information and took it back to the Psychics. A colour code was placed on the chairs to tell the Psychic where about to point in the audience to address the person who had unwittingly given out all the info before the show even started.

Then, for everyday psychics, they get to know your name and then go into the local library and trace information on you, your family tree, names connected to you etc.

For the mediums who people just call on out of the blue, they have a 10 point program that they use to conjecture up an air of talking to the dead and revealing things to you.

The call it "supernatural". LOL

Does anyone remember Peter Popoffs story where he had hidden microphones? Someone caught him out when they took an airwave machine in there and heard God telling him who to pick out of the audience. God had a ladies voice and sounded just like his wife.

At least as JWs we genuinely thought we were sharing something good and didnt intentionally play on peoples emotions.

Brummie

• heathen
    heathen

I can't stand shows like that . We get john edwards on the sci-fi channel who believes he can contact dead people . I can't see how anyone takes this stuff seriously .

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Micheal Shermer of the Skeptic Society spent a couple days practicing the "art" of cold reading then posed as a psychic. He was very convincing to the dupes who ate every bite. So much were these people convinced that when he explained to them he was a fraud some actually said he was lying! I had lunch with him after a lecture at Caltec just after he did this, he was still stunned by how easy it was to do this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit