How Can You Recognize True Worship?

by pale.emperor 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Had to laugh when I read this in the Good News From God publication on the website.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/good-news-from-god/recognize-true-worshippers/

Basically, Watchtower just rattling of a list of things they (claim) to do when trying to identify "true" worship.

The closing question though, "Which religion bases all its teachings on God’s Word, honors God’s name, and proclaims God’s Kingdom as mankind’s only hope? Which group practices love and shuns war? What do you think?​"

Quakers?

• waton
    waton

The Quakers probably honour Gods name the way Jesus did, by using it as little as possible, preferring to say "Father" instead.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Brethren Church? I've talked to a few in the Ohio and Pennsylvania areas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brethren_Church

• Half banana
    Half banana

Like all JW propaganda the question is flawed and skewed towards the interests of the writer asking it.

The question has meaning only for JWs since they are to my limited knowledge the only group who bother about the whimsical issue of "true worship". (Adventists may?)

Why do they harp on this subject? Because they proceed on the basis of having dualistic worlds of Jehovah's and Satans. If you worship Big J, or so they make out, you are doing true worship and all others by default are guilty of "false worship".

True worship is only construed as a religious item because of the Hebrew prophet's condemnation of polytheism, calling it false worship. In its mind manipulation programme the Watchtower is ever eager to employ the cherished slogans of irrelevant Iron Age prophets.

If you step out of the JW tar-pit and think more clearly, the notion of true worship is a catch phrase which only a cult would dare to use, it insults all those of religions who are not JWs. Apart from that there is no realistic definition because worship is not qualified by its "trueness," It is a convention to respect that a worshipper worships with sincerity of heart not with the technical approval of a particular religious authority.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

NWT- MATT=20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

Is there a church that does ALL that Jesus commanded? That's probably the true one.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

No way to do that - but you can recognize "True Believers"

And they are a dangerous bunch usually.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    pale.emperor - "How can you recognize True Worship?"

By how much it gets in your face and insists. :smirk:

• blondie
    blondie

So what are the measuring principles and who will be doing the evaluating; even still it is still subjective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit