Police and Fire Department Officials in Guatemala Benefit From Bible-Based Workshops

by TheFadingAlbatros 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/guatemala/Police-and-Fire-Department-Officials-in-Guatemala-Benefit-From-Bible-Based-Workshops/

I am surprised that a government authority is calling on a religious organization to give their Police and Fire Department Officials instructions to behave in a better way with the Guatemalan population. The organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is well known to separate families (shunning) and have in the past protected numerous pedophiles within their organization ( maybe they are still doing it now somewhere in secret, who knows ?).Why does'nt the government of Guatemala use people psychologically instructed and trained for this kind of work? It seems to me that it's the world upside down. What do you thing about it ?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere
    "How to properly use authority?" They should have left out the properly.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Let's hope they are not encouraging the 'two witness rule' before the authorities are allowed to do their job.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Under the direction of the Central America branch, these workshops are held twice a week and last approximately 15 minutes. They address subjects such as how to improve relationships with others, how to properly use authority, and how to work as a team.

Watchtower Society: Please clean your own Organization first, then you can instruct others on how to improve their own organization!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I wonder if other religious organaztions are also invited to make presentations to the same police and fire officials. Something tells me that JWs are not the only ones doing this.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

There must be more to this...there usually is. I'm guessing a JW is employed with the Police Dept. or the local Police know the JW's because they are on the street and were offered free instruction. Perhaps the Police department wanted to know more about these people since they encounter them so often on their beat.

I'm not sure how the JW's will get around to telling the Police that they are employed by a government run by Satan and now that they've heard the message, they're all going to die soon if they don't become JW's.

Law enforcement personnel need instruction from highly trained professionals who have thoroughly examined the complexities of law enforcement rather than the simplistic answers they'll get from any JW publication. It's all very well to teach the Police to be nice and kindly but the criminals they are encountering aren't playing by the same rules and they need to know how to deal with them from both a legal and psychological standpoint.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The photo is staged, the girl is way too happy, the JWs way too nicely dressed, fresh pressed suits in that environment, climate and dust after you've been schlepping in and out a car for 2 hours and the cart is posed "just so" to make it clear this is the way we spread the message. It's very similar in setup to just about any other JW picture.

Most likely the thing is the other way around, the government is inviting various religious groups to talk on a subject in the hopes of appeasing the populace, as police officers do the world over after some brutality incident, and the JWs are making it into a media stunt.

Replace JW with Al Sharpton in the USA and you got the same media release on how Dr. Rev. Sharpton is reeducating police on coming to the Lord and good behavior.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is well known to separate families (shunning) and have in the past protected numerous pedophiles within their organization"

It's not as simple as you make it. Shunning is only done when disfellowshipped. So JWs are not known to separate families, but the dfd one is.

And about protecting pedophiles... Your statement is so general and without definition. I just can not take such inaccuracy. No pedophile has been protected within the organization.

You don't define pedophile, protected, numerous or how it is done within the organization.

So you need to get it right first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit