The Irrational Psychopath Landlord

by The Marvster 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Marvster
    The Marvster

Well after a few years of lots thinking, questioning everything, and deconstructing of JW logic, I keep coming up against some problems. Though I probably consider myself an agnostic nowadays, one of the conclusions I keep coming back to is, IF there is a god, looking at the way nature is structured, for example the predator-prey system that is indispensible to the survival of organisms, he is unlikely to be the same loving guy that's described in the bible (could he not have come up with a more compassionate system of survival in his limitless intelligence). Then again sometimes the actions described in the bible make him look like the description in the title of this thread... JW's definitely didn't help much with their logic. Do you remember that oft recited illustration about the landlord evicting bad tenants... here's an example:

Fulfillment: Having disposed of false religion, God will turn his attention to other organizations—political and commercial—as well as to wicked people. (Proverbs 2:22; Revelation 19:17, 18) Like a landlord who evicts destructive tenants, God will “bring to ruin those ruining the earth.” He will destroy those who fill it with violence and sexually degrading practices.Revelation 11:18; Romans 1:18, 26-29. Awake November 2012 (the bible - a book of accurate prophecy- part 7 "the end will come")

I was thinking about that illustration this evening, well, it seems reasonable right?, BUT, then I got to thinking, 'how did that Landlord behave during Noah's day?'

If you think about it, what supposedly happened in Noah's day would be tantamount to a Landlord making the 'good' tenants leave temporarily, and then (let's use fire as an example), burning the house down, with the bad tenants still in the house, Killing them, along with their children, any new born babies, the two dogs, the cat, the hamster, the gerbil, the Parrot, the gold fish, the plants, and destroying all the interior design and furnishings, all of that destruction just to get rid of a few wayward tenants.

Aside from the insane kiling spree, the bloody problem with this is, the furnishings, the TV, computer, fridge, oven, beds, wardrobes, central heating system, boiler, electrical cables, water pipes, crockery, cutlery, Table and chairs, arm chairs carpets, plants, pets, etc etc, ALL BELONG TO THE LANDLORD.... and he destroys it all, all his own stuff, because of some undesireable tenants....

Now if a human acted this way, you might immediately think 'PSYCHOPATH'...

But that cannot be said of an all-wise creator, my only conclusion is, if there really is a god who is all wise and all knowing, he must at least be 50% horrifically cruel and irrational, because a human behaving this way would just be unacceptable, but a loving creator???

It is very unlikely I would be able to worship a divine being who is capable of such mind-boggling behaviour, especially since that one NEVER puts in an appearance to explain their actions, instead humans are left in the dark to try to figure things out for themselves since the divine writings cause even more confusion than human philosopy...

whichever way I look at it, either from a nature point of view, or from a biblical viewpoint, he just seems like one crazy MO' FO' (dare I say, lucifer ain't got nothing on him, no wonder the demons shudder)

• suavojr
    suavojr

Welcome to the first steps to free your mind. Morality comes from our ability as humans to predict future consequences of our actions and make choices to help us gain a better outcome for everyone involved. In the flood scenario, you clearly see how God only cares about his own egotistical importance. With time you will see God is dead, and yes we killed him. It is time for our species to leave behind our childish fears and embrace life for what it is. A brief moment in time.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

And after years of renovation and home improvements carried out by the tenants, the landlord is approaching another psychotic episode and will kill and mercilessly destroy the tenants once again. Or so goes the story of the dipshit desert God of the bible.

• fukitol
    fukitol

And thus the undeniable conclusion is that the ancient desert dwelling God invented in the scary stories of ancient Jewish priestcraft...is simply a fiction, an ancient pious literary fraud to induce submission and obedience of ignorant, unscientific, illiterate Hebrew tribes of an age long gone..and to keep those tasty meat sacrifices coming in to a non-working clergy class.

No different today. Scary stories of amoral, vengeful deities will always have mass scare appeal for the superstitious and weak-minded...and keep the donations rolling in.

• The Marvster
    The Marvster

Wow.... I thought 'my' feelings about the big evil deity in the sky were harsh, but OMG, some of you guys are on a whole different level... it's comforting, I hope to be as free as you all are one day...

bit by bit, i've been getting my feet wet, learning about some of the fascinating features of past and present life on earth, the natural world. The more I learn the more I have to ask, 'how can anyone who believes in god after learning this stuff 'not question' the idea that an all loving, all intelligent being did this work'.... the facts about nature are so overwhelming and damning if you try to put a god in the equation, he comes out as a cruel bastard that 'f**ks' with his creation just for the fun of it, a kind of Dr Frankenstein, experimenting with evil ideas and coming up with how he can creat oranisms with the maximum amount of suffering..... my beliefs have been shattered just looking at nature...

• atomant
    atomant
    7Also the cow and the bear will graze, Their young will lie down together, And the lion will eat straw like the ox. 8The nursing child will play by the hole of the cobra, And the weaned child will put his hand on the viper's den. 9They will not hurt or destroy in all My holy mountain, For the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD As the waters cover the sea.… yer right and l suppose spiders and mosquitos will be trained not to bite as well.What a crock of frog shit.And pigs will fly as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit