I thought of a new Theme for the 2017 Convention Year

by Truth and Justice 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is well and having a good weekend. I have been quite busy with my work this year, but that should not be an excuse for me, although it is the best one I have. I had briefly stopped by to see how everyone is doing, and it looks like everyone is hanging in there, although we're all such good actors. While I was checking things out, I believe "Wifi Bandit" was the one that brought up about this years new convention theme: "Don't give up!"

so, I told my folks about this years theme, and we all thought that it was strange to not have a scriptural theme, because that is what they had always used every year. After thinking about it for a couple days, my folks and I have seen a dramatic shift from 30 years ago, there isn't the numbers, the enthusiasm, the financial support for all the Halls. People are not happy, but are looking for any escape they can find to comfort them when they are so depressed. But I will talk on this particular subject on another thread.

Along with the many new ideas that people have come up with for a 2017 Convention Theme, and some of them were pretty good, my Father has come up with a good suggestion for them. He says there new Theme for the year should be "Make the Watchtower Great Again! He said it has kind of a Trump ring to it, when Pres-Elect Trump campaigned with the slogan "Make America Great Again!"

Putting all humor aside, I think the writing is on the wall, they realize it, and they know it is not looking good, no matter how well they try to spin it. They can say all they want that "well, Jehovah is refining his organization." The only refining going on is people have had enough and they realize that "His Spirit" is no longer with them. They will only continue to have a downward spiral ahead of them. My folks and I have been out for over 30 years, and it has been earth-shattering to see what has happen to millions of people with the continual changes in rules, procedures, and policies, and the drastic changes where many are being forced to travel 25-50 miles to merge with another kingdom Hall because of their Hall being taken to be sold, (or the lack of not having enough attendance) and the inconveniences put on the older ones and little children. But they're told its because of a "refining of Jehovah's work."

My personal opinion is this, they're flocking to the internet to find out what's really happening. And as they search around, they cant believe what there eyes are seeing, they began to say to themselves things like: "this is unbelievable, or you have got to be kidding, or honey, look at this."

Then, and only then, your mind will then realize why all the downward spiral, the numerous lawsuits being waged against them, and the continual need to ask for more money. (I think someone on this site said there was at least 4 or 5 different Contribution boxes, if I'm not mistaken) They still want your money even though they're not going to build those extra kingdom halls they were talking about doing, so very sad.

All I can say is that my heart is with all of you, and I realize many of you are in very difficult circumstances to change things, but keep hope strong, as I do for my own siblings.

May the Good Lord take a liking to you, Truth and Justice

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Putting all humor aside, I think the writing is on the wall, they realize it, and they know it is not looking good, no matter how well they try to spin it. They can say all they want that "well, Jehovah is refining his organization." The only refining going on is people have had enough and they realize that "His Spirit" is no longer with them. They will only continue to have a downward spiral ahead of them.

Interesting post. The Trump nonsense related theme goes well with the WT. Both things are equally disturbing and nauseating. They deserve each other.

What I quoted from you caught my attention. I guess that speaking in a language that communicates well with them, I guess that a statement like that will make them think. But I wonder if they or any JW truly believes that the "Jehovah's" spirit will leave their organization leaving them in status quo.

I think it will be more powerful to show them where the WT is investing all their resources, along with finding a way of letting them know that they have been fooled, as they are no longer the WT's primary interest. Now that they have a better way of making money (they have a thriving real estate business) all that shift in focus is a business, not spiritual, not new light, not coming from "Jehovah", move.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit