King Richard

by Rattigan350 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

There is this new movie out called "King Richard" staring Will Smith playing Serena and Venus Williams father.

I don't know much about this, but i heard that they were raised by JW parents. How does that factor into the movie and their growing up aspiring tennis stars?

• Simon
    Simon

I can't wait for white Roots.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It depends on whether the Williams family are involved with the making of the movie or not ,

Then again , where there is money to be made maybe they are involved

.Serena has been outspoken as to the God Jehovah, religion she was raised in ,however her lifestyle hasn`t been all that squeaky clean , so how does she get away with not being DF? or even publicly reproved ?

It wouldn`t have anything to do with the money she could donate could it ?

Any ordinary R&F member that does something wrong, they are publicly reproved or DF

Does the GB have double standards ?

Just saying.?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It depends on whether the Williams family are involved with the making of the movie or not - Venus and Serena are producers or executive producers, I think.

The movie's title should give us a bit of a clue, lol.

Expect all the batshit crazy stuff their dad did to be toned down or left out.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Rsised but never baptized. I doubt they qualify as unbaptized publishers. That thanking jehovah is embarrassing.

Another movie to miss

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

so how does she get away with not being DF? or even publicly reproved ?

$$$$$$$$$$$$

As one now an elder told me, "It doesn't matter what sin you commit, as long as you give the WT enough money and claim it was only a moment of weakness, you can pretty well get off scot-free."

He should know, he cheated on two witness wives, gets drunk regularly, and embezzled thousands from his business, and cheated others out of their pay for working for him.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang
    He should know, he cheated on two witness wives, gets drunk regularly, and embezzled thousands from his business, and cheated others out of their pay for working for him.

And there was a time when I sincerely used to believe that "Our church don't do that sort of thing".

Mug!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I had read that the mother was a JW but the father was not.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I saw a meme about all the historical white people that got blackwashed, even a German Hitler era general. I laughed hysterically. Considerably more funny that the sad statistics about black on white crime in the US.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

OK ,I watched this movie today and really enjoyed it .It focuses on Richard and Venus rise to fame mainly and is not backward in showing Richard as a bit of an egotistical asshole who pushes and drives his kids to what they became.Many times you got the feeling it was all about Richard doing it for himself. The girls played a good part and Will Smith does a fine job as Richard.

I think that only JW`s and ex-JW`s would pick up from the movie that they were Jehovah`s Witnesses as it was really only alluded too in a couple of scenes.

One where Richard gives a mealtime prayer and mentions the name Jehovah ( the only time it is mentioned in the movie ) and when a coach is berating him for taking the girls away from practice to go to" church" as he called it and mentioned the" Hall" which would go over most peoples head.

If only 50% of this movie was fact it is well worth watching,I recommend it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit