Noah's ark once again. I hate beating a dead horse, but.

by James Mixon 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Simon
    Simon

Show any primary school child a globe and they will immediately see that the America's and Europe / Africa fit perfectly along the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.

Also, India has clearly slammed into the asian continent and crumpled up all the mountains ... you can see the trails in the under-ocean mapping from it's path.

Oh yeah, science, blowing a torpedo hole through the hull of Noah's Ark for the umpteenth time.

Only fundamentalist cretins in Kentucky think any of that bible shit is still real.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

First we must remember when reading the accounts of a flood that happened in the BC past what were the understanding at that time about the word translated "earth" in the hebrew txt. Earth simply meant dry land and the cosmology of those times was not that the Earth was a sphere floating around the sun. So a interpritation that doesn't not take that into account is very lacking.

It could simply mean no dry land was visible but that was the way they expressed things in those day with no "scientific knowledge" available at the period in human history. We must not forget the understanding of those times when understanding those ancient words and their meaning in modern times.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

It's funny, we can build a submarine that can stay underwater for 30 years with enough fresh water, electricity and air but can barely pass 90 days because the crew needs to eat. How could they store enough nonperishables to feed people and livestock.

• prologos
    prologos
    Broke watchtower: "--We must not forget the understanding of those times when understanding those ancient words and their meaning in modern times.

Once you make that argument, it is clear that the bible is not the inspired word of the creator, and ALL it's content***, its premises and promises are null and void, purely human fables. To build the power of the wt leaders, your life and death decisions on that non-foundation is folly indeed. The global flood is a dudd.

*** remember in the "jesus" story, he endorses the Noah account, almost in one breath proclaiming himself the saviour the buyer-back of what was lost, the repairer of the talking snake damage. and he was supposed to be the co-creator, not of the flat earth, but all the laws, orbits, bodies in the universe.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

We have a unconscious habit to read ancient text through our modern widow into the world and forget what was not known at that particular time and so miss the meaning all together. We must not look at bible text in the same nieve way the GB look at such texts(I seriously think these guys are all senile) and ready for the funny farm. This song is dedicated to the GB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fn36l_z3WY

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Thanks folks for all your input. It's funny we at one time believed that this was a true story and

a talking snake. That's why I needed a shot of Jack D. after each meeting, it made al little

sense after a few shots.

• Perry
    Perry
    The altitude problem. Mt. Everest today is 29042 feet high and I know some will say it
    wasn't the high in Noah's day (tectonic plate shift not well understood by religious zealots)
    but if you figure mountains grow 4 millimeters a year over 4-5 thousands years = what?
    Noah's ark was floating for about a year at stratospheric levels. How would that effect humans
    and mostly the animals, lack of oxygen

James Mixon,

I remember as a teenager that the height of Mt. Everest was 29028. That's a lot of movement in just a few years. Why should we assume that the rate of ascension is the same now as it was immediately after a catastrophic event?

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

Perry-"I remember as a teenager that the height of Mt. Everest was 29028. That's a lot of movement in just a few years."

Not as much as you think. Everest is 29,029 ft.

Perry-" Why should we assume that the rate of ascension is the same now as it was immediately after a catastrophic event?"

Because the flood never happened.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Dude..... Any child could tell you It didn't happen. Chill.

• prologos
    prologos
    JM: "--but if you figure mountains grow 4 millimeters a year over 4-5 thousands years = what?
    at current rates, Everest has grown ~20 meters since the flood's date, the opening of the gate. ( that is 0,2 %) To reach it's present heights since the supposed "low everest flood", it must have ascended ~5200 meters instead of 20.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit