Noah's ark once again. I hate beating a dead horse, but.

by James Mixon 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The altitude problem. Mt. Everest today is 29042 feet high and I know some will say it

wasn't the high in Noah's day (tectonic plate shift not well understood by religious zealots)

but if you figure mountains grow 4 millimeters a year over 4-5 thousands years = what?

Noah's ark was floating for about a year at stratospheric levels. How would that effect humans

and mostly the animals, lack of oxygen, also it could get mighty nippy (like 10 below Fahrenheit.

Not good weather for elephants, hippos and it would kill off all insects and bird life.

I don't believe in the flood but I was reading some info from religious folks explaining how this was possible.

"Oxygen remain the same as the water level elevated".The question how long did Noah stay in the

Ark before walking on dry land , the time frame between the dove searching for dry land and the water receding.

At 29042 feet most folks need oxygen.....that's why you want see peacocks strolling on the summit of Mt, Everest.

• Carl
    Carl

That was one big boat. I've read and also watched a program explaing that nowadays there is only a fraction of the land animals flying creatures and insects compared to noahs time . I believe there are 8.7 million different land species today . So 2 of every thing and like I say back in noahs day there would been a whole lot more the boat would have had to been absolutely huge !

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

"One big boat", just think this man built the largest boat ever built(at that time) with the help of wife

and sons after mankind had only been on earth 1500-1600 years and he lived 900 years.

Where did he learn the trade as a master ship builder. OK I know God gave him instruction.LOL

• prologos
    prologos

The ark (if any) would not float at stratospheric levels, she would be floating at sea level, the new sea level. The atmospheric pressure in the slightly stretched atmosphere, would not be less than climbing to the second floor. It would also not be colder, oxygen starved, but really hot. study your physics.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

prologos>>the water receded and Noah was still at stratospheric or 29000 feet ...

When he came down it was dry land. So the point he wasn't on Mt Everest at 29000 feet

but at 15000 feet it can get very cold if that little boat was waiting for dry land below.

• prologos
    prologos

james, I did not mean of ararat, but everest, even then, with all that biomass, living or not, (think of the steaming dung accumulating for nine month), and the latent heat from the fall of the water canopy, overheating, not outside cold would have been the problem, of course, ever since the writing of this fable, the credibility of that story has been going downhill all the way from 15 000 feet. quite a slide.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

ever since the writing of this fable

Huh?

So it's not true then?

• prologos
    prologos

james, you make a point I did not think about. The speedy haste with which sloth, coala bears, pandas, turtles, returned to their native land after the flood, can now be explained by the cold in the rarefied atmosphere of mt. ararat. May be we cant find any wood there, because it was used in the fires to warm the disembarking -disarching?- passengers? or fashioned into sleighs to slide down the slopes?

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

May be we cant find any wood there, because it was used in the fires

The wood was under water for the best part of a year.

Would it even burn?

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

If the sea level rose then so would the atmosphere. Gas settles at the point of equalization of its potential difference.

But I believe it would take up to 5 times the volume of water currently on earth to perch the ark on the summit of Ararat?

As for building the boat... they could have hired the Nephilim....??

Stands to reason considering an elder once told me that Stonehenge was built by the Nephilim who carried the colossal stones hundreds of miles across Wales and England...

...although thinking about it, I was also told once that god made the huge dinosaurs to flatten down the mountains...??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit