Positive memories as a JW child..

by fulano 8 Replies latest jw friends

• fulano
    fulano

It is based on Gorbatsjov's good topic, but we all must have had nice, pleasant, romantic moments in our congregations.

I was always a dedicated boy, baptized at 14. We had our bookstudy at 8:00 PM and before that our fieldservice at 7:00 PM . Most of times, as a 14-16 years old boy I was the only one there with our conductor. He was from Aruba, immigrated to our Cold and wet european country. On top of that he suffered from reuma. Nevertheless he always used to take me with him on the back of his old Solex to visit his return- visits, in rain and snow. And always the same problems heading to a certain family, crossing à small overpass....the Solex wouldnt make it. So I had to get off and walk. Great fun.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Sounds just lovely...

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Positive memories as a JW child - . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ummm, looking forward to the food at the assemblies is all I can come up with.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I remember I would fall asleep while out in field service.

Those pleasant memories were when I was 20.

Now before any are like what in the world? At the time I was a regular pioneer, did all those meetings, put in 12 hours a day, going from door to door, bible studies, ect., plus working 4 to 6 hours a night. I wanted to take a day off, but my mother said I had to do my duty as a regular pioneer and get out of the house. So when Thursday would roll around my body would say nope ain't gonna do it, and I would fall asleep in the car while out in field service.

If I were any smarter back then I wished I would have just lied on my time slip, it's not like they were paying me for my time.

• Moster
    Moster

The after Sunday morning meeting congregation pot-luck in the park. So enjoyed that. We were fairly poor when I was growing up so an afternoon in a park was a real treat for me. Tons of food, a baseball game - playing with the other kids. Was truly wonderful.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

"ummm, looking forward to the food at the assemblies is all I can come up with."

...why? Did your family bring a bbq grill? The food at the assemblies were just some sandwiches, soda, and chips. Perhaps some macaroni salad.

I do still remember when i was a little boy that the food was still sold at conventions using those little coupons ( is that the name?). You would buy them at a counter, then go exchange for food.

At the end of the day I would look around the floor of the different counters, and you would always find a few of those coupons that fell. I would gather them up, and sometimes it was just enough to buy an ice cream.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Being in congregation with just one other person my age I had a very good friend who was not part of the borg. One summer he call me on the phone to come over when i got to his house his mom, sister and him gave me a surprise birthday party. That was a happy childhood memory for me being trap in the cult. Still Totally ADD

• Done
    Done

No. None.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

redvip2000 - you ask why I looked forward to the food at the assemblies. I don't know what part of the country you're in, but here in NYC we have the Bliss Theatre used for Circuit Assemblies, the food there was the best, they had the best hamburgers, pastrami sandwiches, cheesecake, soft ice cream, ice cream floats and those are just my favorites. The food at the District Assemblies wasn't that great, but the Circuit Assemblies when I was growing up was great ! Even before the bought the Bliss we used to meet around the corner at the place in Sunnyside Gardens where they used to have boxing matches, I remember the meatball heroes there and not much else, but when they bought the Bliss THeatre they stepped up there food game !

Sorry the food at your assemblies sucked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit