JW elder in Oklahoma, USA...now in JAIL!

by Sugar Shane 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane

Ronald Lawrence has been in the news before, though it was believed that the statute of limitations would keep him from being charged as a criminal.

I stumbled across this the other day. Trey Bundy did a report on one of Ronald's victims, but it looks as though more have stepped forward since. This, in turn, must gave gotten the attention of law enforcement, who investigated, and found him guilty on nineteen (19) counts of abuse!! This broadcast is from last fall, as far as I can tell. I could be wrong, but hopefully someone from that area knows more about the case.

I'm not a JW, but I know those who are. So, I guess I don't have a dog in this fight, in a direct sense. Despite this, I get mad as hell hearing about all the abuse and attemtps to cover it up.

If I were in this part of the USA, and a former JW, or a current 'thinking JW,' then I would send this link to any and all current JWs that I could. Even if it meant using an anonymous email account. Give 'em a day to click the link, then send a follow-up email, with something like,"apostate driven lies, MY ASS!!"

Hell, if any of you want to PM me with some emails, then I will send it off for you!! Just might take me a while to get to it, because I work alot.

Here's the link, now get off these discussion boards and DO SOMETHING about this! Hell, you might even send this link to news outlets in nearby cities. I'm guessing Tulsa? Okla. City? I'll bet they'd like to sink their teeth into this, in light of the assemblies, ect. which are hosted in these larger cities:

http://youtu.be/S5ZCpnEpcj8

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Apostate driven lies!!!

DD

• DATA-DOG
  • Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane
    Cool, I'm in!
  • AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Sugar Shane - One of the victims of Ronnie Lawrence responded to your post and here's what she told me:

"Yes, I'm aware the victims numbered into the teens but documents were seemingly destroyed. All I have to go on is my father's word back then that the victims were plentiful.

And none that we could find were within the statute of limitations. Ronnie has made attempts to be around small children near his home but authorities warned him and left it at that."
  • DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

New news item!!!! This is from today! Feb 15th 2016

The top leadership of the Jehovah’s Witness worldwide organization could face criminal charges in a cover-up of alleged child sexual abuse.

Ronald Lawrence

Ronald Lawrence

The District 18 District Attorney’s Office in the State of Oklahoma filed a motion on Jan. 28, 2014 in the case of accused molester Ronald Lawrence that alleges the top leadership of the Jehovah’s Witness Church knew about claims of child rape and molestation and deliberately concealed them.

“The actions of the church, their banishment of Lawrence on one or more occasion and the directives of the governing body toward the victims and their family members regarding these crimes were actions of concealment and further actions preventing the victims from reporting the crimes to law enforcement,” the motion states.

In November 2013, Ronald Lawrence a former church elder was charged in Pittsburg County Oklahoma District Court with 19 felony counts, including 11 of molestation, seven of forcible sodomy, and one of rape by instrumentation against two preteen girls and one 5-year-old boy.

The Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses is accused of giving directives to congregation elders to conceal the accusations. The Governing Body is made up of eight senior male members of the church, and provides leadership and direction to the roughly 8 million Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide.

“As a group we applaud this action by the District Attorney’s office and hope that justice is served and the victims are finally given the help that they need,” stated Richard Kelly, a former Jehovah’s Witness who is now the managing director of the organization, Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses or AAWA. “The top leadership of this religious group has made a concerted effort to conceal child molestation within the organization. It is heartening to see that they will be held accountable.”

Cases similar to this have been filed in recent years including the notable Candace Conti suit in California which the Jehovah’s Witness organization lost. However, to the AAWA’s knowledge, this is the first time that the top leaders of a religious organization have been named in such a case.

About the Author

Ronald Lawrence child molestation case reveals cover-up by Jehovah Witness Church

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Dwain: New news item!!!! This is from today! Feb 15th 2016

That article was "Published On: Sat, Feb 8th, 2014".

It might be showing up on your browser in 'todays' paper', but it comes from archives. I have made that mistake in the past, too.

• Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane

AndersonInfo, thanks for the clarification.

Also, thanks to former victim/s for chiming in. It's gotta be hard recounting that experience. I have kids of my own, so hearing this stuff just pisses me off to no end. Just stay strong please. I love 'Okies,' and that's unconditional. My grandparents were from Checotah & I spent many a summer on Lake Eufala.

I hope the former victims have an Irwin Zalkin, or similar, on their side.

Peace out, SS

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

As more and more initially come forward, more and more of the rest will feel brave enough to come forward, too.

If the GB didn't fear this, they were idiots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit