Major fail on last convention video

by ILoveTTATT2 29 Replies latest jw friends

• TerryWalstrom
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I believe someone here reported it to the group, and they are checking to make sure it was properly licensed. (The groups label probably does this without their knowledge 95% of the time).

• steve2
    steve2

THanks ILoveTTATT2 and Annon. My question is about whether the organization acknowledges they have used external sources for the music by listing the website in any "credits". I doubt they do acknowledge doing so - but I just wondered.

• New day
    New day

Steve2. The org often doesn't acknowledge sources. It used to drive a university educated bro I know crazy when they said in a wt article 'as one scholar notes' without proper referencing!

• SAHS
    SAHS

The two tracks certainly sound identical alright. I’m sure those artists in “AudioMachine” would appreciate being made aware of the soundtrack used in the new WT video, if they haven’t already.

The WT should have included a reference in the ending credits to that specific track and album, “Epica,” by the group “AudioMachine.” Then, the loyal JWs would be able to see exactly where the WT Society acquired the soundtrack from – and just how that measures up to the parochial standards they’ve been imposing on their sheep. (I.e., comparing the rather mystical, Harry-Potter-like artwork on the cover of the album “Epica” and the gothic-sounding chanting sounds therein to what the WT Society considered to be “appropriate” for “true Christians.”)

• SAHS
    SAHS

I just checked out a YouTube page for “AudioMachine,” and it stated regarding “The Lion’s Heart”:

. “Monetize this music on your own YouTube videos and personal projects by purchasing a micro license today!

. http://search.audiomachine.com”

Here is the link to that page:

. https://www.youtube.com/audiomachine

So, from that it looks like this “micro license” can be purchased for some kind of limited use of certain short recordings. I’m just wondering if perhaps the WT Society had purchased some kind of “micro license” for the usage of the specific portion of soundtrack used in the new WT video. It could very well be that there was some kind of tailor-made arrangement put in place between the WT Society and “AudioMachine.” (I suppose one would have to actually confer with the WT legal department to verify that.)

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

I uploaded the last convention video onto Youtube, got a "copyright claim" from Audiomachine, which I happily obliged to.

I put my comments and criticism of the WT video before hand, but still the JW's are looking at the videos like crazy...

So WT is making money for Audiomachine, and I get to make thousands of JW's read some apostate material.

Win win!!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    ILoveTTAT: I uploaded the last convention video onto Youtube, got a "copyright claim" from Audiomachine, which I happily obliged to.
    Does that suggest that the WTS didn't purchase the rights to use the song?
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    Does that suggest that the WTS didn't purchase the rights to use the song?
    I am not sure what it suggests... all I know is that Audiomachine is getting money and not the WT every time that video is played...
  • steve2
    steve2

So if the copyright claim is free and viewership is free, where is the money coming from that Audiomachine is supposed to be making?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit